News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Post Prefix

Started by Diego Andrés, May 11, 2015, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

If you're taking suggestions, one other one that I think might be pretty cool is to be able to search by prefix. So for example; if a prefix was say "Information", all topics with that prefix could be found doing a specific prefix search.

Diego Andrés

Quote from: br360 on May 31, 2015, 10:54:46 PM
If you're taking suggestions, one other one that I think might be pretty cool is to be able to search by prefix. So for example; if a prefix was say "Information", all topics with that prefix could be found doing a specific prefix search.

Yes I have also thought in this one, would be nice. I will see what can I do.

@Alanar I just got some time and as I see it, the only way it could work is this one:
Sources/PostPrefixAdmin.php
Code (Search) Select
WHERE mg.id_group NOT IN (1, 3)
AND mg.id_parent = {int:not_inherited}' . (empty($modSettings['permission_enable_postgroups']) ? '

Code (Replace) Select
WHERE mg.id_group NOT IN (1, 3)' . (empty($modSettings['permission_enable_postgroups']) ? '

Try and then tell me if that works, so I can update the mod.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Alanar

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 01, 2015, 12:15:13 AM
Try and then tell me if that works, so I can update the mod.
It does indeed work now! Thank you very much! :)

br360

Quote from: Diego Andrés on June 01, 2015, 12:15:13 AM
Quote from: br360 on May 31, 2015, 10:54:46 PM

Yes I have also thought in this one, would be nice. I will see what can I do.

Thanks for considering it. :)

Diego Andrés

Mod updated to 1.0.1

Quote1.0.1 - 31 May 2015
Now showing inherit groups while adding/editing a prefix.
Fixed an issue on quick edit.

Circa

I can't seem to find the settings for this in my Admin center. I installed it correctly, but can't find settings anywhere.

Steve

Admin -> Forum -> PostPrefix
DO NOT pm me for support!

Circa

Not there. It told me it installed correctly. I suppose I could try reinstalling. There was only one file that the test failed on, so I did it manually for that one file.

EDIT: Reinstalling doesn't work. Any ideas why? I have a custom theme, but switching to the default theme doesn't help.

berkcet

Great mod. Works perfectly as intended.

Thanks a bunch

Diego Andrés

Quote from: Circa on July 09, 2015, 09:41:11 AM
Not there. It told me it installed correctly. I suppose I could try reinstalling. There was only one file that the test failed on, so I did it manually for that one file.

EDIT: Reinstalling doesn't work. Any ideas why? I have a custom theme, but switching to the default theme doesn't help.

Make sure that every file was uploaded successfully

Circa

Quote from: Diego Andrés on July 09, 2015, 02:09:07 PM
Quote from: Circa on July 09, 2015, 09:41:11 AM

Make sure that every file was uploaded successfully
It said that everything was successful.

margarett

But have you checked yourself? ;)
Messed permissions (in your file system, not the forum) can cause some reported changes as completed when they were actually skipped...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Circa

Quote from: margarett on July 09, 2015, 04:46:55 PM
But have you checked yourself? ;)
Messed permissions (in your file system, not the forum) can cause some reported changes as completed when they were actually skipped...
Hmm. Yes, just checked. All files were uploaded, and all files were edited correctly. Not sure what's going on. If it helps, I'm on 2.0.10. I assumed this would be compatible but you never know. Feels like it just isn't installing the link to the Admin settings in the Admin control panel or something. What's the link to the settings via URL? Maybe I can check that way.

Diego Andrés

Maybe hooks weren't added
Try uploading the hooks.php file to the root of your forum, and then access it from your browser.

Circa

Quote from: Diego Andrés on July 09, 2015, 06:05:40 PM
Maybe hooks weren't added
Try uploading the hooks.php file to the root of your forum, and then access it from your browser.
Doesn't look like anything happened after doing that. Blank web page. Still nothing in the Admin CP.

yakyakyak

Installs just fine on my test system but on the live one, it needs two files to be edited. one is straightforward just adding a variable but the other ( Subs-Post.php ) looks a bit more confusing as the edit conflicts with a pre installed mod. would you be able to take a look for me if i attach it. ?

Diego Andrés

Sure, just leave what instruction was and I'll do the changes for you.

adamtwar

I have one feature request: the mod should insert a class "postprefix" for any span it creates. This way, I could customize the font, size etc. of the post prefix span easily. I actually did this modification myself, and you can see one such customized post prefix on
http://forum.fontlab.com/b13/

Diego Andrés

Great idea! I will add a class followed by the prefix id.
But definitely it's going to be available on the next release.

Circa

If I give temporary admin to you Diego, do you think you could check out my issue? Not sure what else to do here.

Advertisement: