SMF Post Prefix

Started by Diego Andrés, May 11, 2015, 10:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

FYI I did up this guide on using prefixes from a forum member's point of view (i.e. user rather than admin)
http://gsx1400owners.org/forum/index.php?topic=482.0

Diego feel free to copy it all, or steal the images or whatever, if they are of any use to you.

For that matter - anyone can if they like, if it helps explain it to their members.

Cheers
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

tjrpcaft

Is it possible to aloud the users to change the prefixe of past posts?

landyvlad

If they have permission to edit the post then they can change the prefix. Otherwise no.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Diego Andrés

Version for 2.1 will be out this year I promise  :-[

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

landyvlad

Quote from: Diego Andrés on July 15, 2019, 01:41:54 AM

All good mate - life gets in the way of these things I know.
It'll come when it comes, but it really is one of the most useful (and most used) mods on my forum.  Great work.

dendemeier

Is there a way, to show the prefix within the recent posts?

I am working with post prefixes in the forum, but unfortunately the prefix aren´t shown there. So it get´s a little bit confusing.

I tried to edit the Boardindex.template.php for my theme, but nothing worked.

Diego Andrés

Do you mean the recent posts in the boardindex?

dendemeier

Yes, exactly.

In our forum we have 2 subboards with exactly the same topic title within the subboards. (It´s a forum for a sim racing league with 2 divisions). In the recent posts section at the board index we want to see at first sight, which post belongs to which subboard. That´s why we are using the postprefix.

So the topic titles look like this:

[Prefix 1] Topic Name
[Prefix 2] Topic Name

Within the recent posts it is both shown as
Topic Name
Topic Name
and therefore you can´t recognize at the first sight, which topic belongs to which subboard.

Fun Fact: When i opend a new topic, the prefix is shown within the recent posts. When somebody answered to a post, the prefix is gone  ???

Diego Andrés

It's because only the first post (the topic) gets a prefix.

dendemeier

Ah alright. Can I change it anyhow, so that every post will get a prefix?

Or is it possible to show not the post title but the topic title within the recent topics?

chinaren

This is a great mod, exactly what I need!  Thank you!  The only thing is, my new board is RC2, or whatever the latest release is, so...

Pleeeese!   ;D
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

landyvlad

Diego I see the changelog hasn't ben updated since 2018 (bit much more important, the mod has :) )

In any event that leas me to ask - what PHP version is this mod compatible with? 7.1? 7.2 ?

GL700Wing

Quote from: landyvlad on December 18, 2019, 12:21:33 AM
Diego I see the changelog hasn't ben updated since 2018 (bit much more important, the mod has :) )

In any event that leas me to ask - what PHP version is this mod compatible with? 7.1? 7.2 ?

From php 7.1 going away soon:

Quote from: Illori on September 08, 2019, 10:24:34 AM
SMF 2.0.15 will never support php 7.2. we dont apply patches to already existing releases.

we are working on SMF 2.0.16 which will have basic support for php 7.2.

we dont have a release date yet for 2.0.16. it will be ready when it is ready.

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

landyvlad

Umm, let me clarify mate.

I know that about SMF 2.0.x

I gather that the mod is being rewritten to be SMF 2.1.x compatible, and am therefore wondering what version of PHP will be required to ensure the Post Prefix mod works.

Assuming that's even relevant, of course. Maybe it's just implied that the new mod version for SMF2.1 (pending) will be compliant with 7.? and more.

Diego Andrés

The mod only makes some tweaks and file edits (some avoided using hooks) so really would be compatible to whatever version SMF 2.1 is compatible with at the time is released or upgraded.

landyvlad

Thanks Diego (and GL700wing)

Gandrel

Hey everyone. I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting the error that I posted in this other topic (see URL below). I had posted it there because that's where I saw that others were having similar issues, but I think I should probably be posting here as I now believe the issue may be related to this mod. In the search query, I think the issue may be related to the following line having nothing after the "=":
AND t.id_prefix =
It is really supposed to be something like the following when you don't select a prefix to search by?:
AND t.id_prefix = ""

I'm not certain if that's it, but I do know that when I manually run the full query in phpMyAdmin without the "AND t.id_prefix =" line included, the query runs successfully.

See the following for the full query output from the error log:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=561137.msg4043333#msg4043333

landyvlad

:P

Hey mate with 2.1 RC3 edging ever closer is there any likelihood of a compatible version of this mod soon?
(Not having a go at you of course mate. Consider it a gentle reminder / nudge)

As I said before this is my favourite mod and I use it to great effect on my forum.  :) :) :) :)

wylekk

I use this mod on SMF 2.1 RC2  :)

Diego Andrés

Quote from: landyvlad on March 05, 2020, 01:49:53 AM
:P

Hey mate with 2.1 RC3 edging ever closer is there any likelihood of a compatible version of this mod soon?
(Not having a go at you of course mate. Consider it a gentle reminder / nudge)

As I said before this is my favourite mod and I use it to great effect on my forum.  :) :) :) :)

Yes, new version basically finished but only 2.1 RC3 compatible because of a tiny change in a hook that isn't there on RC2.

Also atm mod doesn't add prefixes to Recent Posts anymore as it requires files to be edited or a poor performance via hooks. I can add these file modifications to the mod if you guys really want it, or I can just share the steps for people interested on that once it's available.

Aaaalsoooo search feature has been dropped due to the same reason, and because the filter box on boards already accomplish same results (but only per board) and it's more accurate and less broken than it is on SMF 2.0 version of the mod.

Advertisement: