News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Drag and Drop Board Management

Started by dougiefresh, March 01, 2016, 03:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quote from: dougiefresh on May 22, 2019, 10:09:37 PM
@Bigguy:  I've given this idea very little thought over the last few months.....

Making it user choice continues to be a bad idea. Also, good luck dealing with people who've rearranged the boards and have no idea how different their experience is from the admin's, who will then be expected to fix the situation.

A forum is a shared space by design, a space given form by the admin, and part of the point is that everyone collectively shares in it and has a consistent experience.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Arantor on May 23, 2019, 05:19:19 PM
Making it user choice continues to be a bad idea. Also, good luck dealing with people who've rearranged the boards and have no idea how different their experience is from the admin's, who will then be expected to fix the situation.

A forum is a shared space by design, a space given form by the admin, and part of the point is that everyone collectively shares in it and has a consistent experience.
b]@Arantor:[/b]  Both are good points.  I'm really not feeling this idea....

Bigguy

Hey it's fine. Like I said it was just something that hit me when looking at this. No problems here. ;)

Advertisement: