News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

I can not modify my posts

Started by davidhs, May 18, 2015, 07:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Does it change the subject line as well?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vbgamer45

Based on the mod title I am guessing?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Awesome guys. I'm not a mod writer but thanks go to live and sleepy from me anyway. ;D
DO NOT pm me for support!

kelvincool

Question: does sm.org have a max post limit? What will happen if you go beyond that in your mod description?

PS, thanks for getting this bit implemented, I feel kind of lucky that I waited until today to update my mod :)

davidhs

I see these problems.

1st - I have
- an official topic support in English (this will be updated when I update the mod) and
- other topic support in Spanish (this will not be updated, of course, and I will need send report to moderador for update this topic).

2nd - In mod page I attach example images and I do not write examples in description. In topics support I add complete examples with images.

3rd (minor) - In subject of topic support I write: mod name (support SMF versions). For example: my mod (SMF 2.0-2.0.10).

Kindred

1- nothing we can really do about that, so we'll continue the way it is....

2- the mod topic SHOULD match the mod description, plain and simple...  so, live with it and build your mod description in the same way you would the topic.

3- the mod support thread title SHOULD match the mod title.... so, live with it and put your version support in the mod description if you feel the need for that.

( in other words, yes, 1 is still an issue and we'll use the work around. 2 and 3 are actually now the way it should always have been anyway)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

davidhs

Quote from: Kindred on May 25, 2015, 04:07:51 PM
1- nothing we can really do about that, so we'll continue the way it is....

Perhaps... Can be add to a mod page two (or more) fields?
1st field: Another support topic (topic ID).
2nd field: Description for these another support topic.
???

2- the mod topic SHOULD match the mod description, plain and simple...  so, live with it and build your mod description in the same way you would the topic.

3- the mod support thread title SHOULD match the mod title.... so, live with it and put your version support in the mod description if you feel the need for that.
Ok. :'(

live627

Quote from: margarett on May 25, 2015, 11:07:29 AM
The functionality for having the first post of the support topic updated when editing the MOD is now implemented.

Many thanks live627 and Sleepy for making it happen :)
I just now updated a mod and the topic was also updated.

:D

Burke ♞ Knight

Does this work for theme site, too?
I just updated text on my theme page, but first post of theme topic does not show it.
It's rather important, as it explains why theme has been removed from theme site, until can fix issues found with it.

margarett

Burke ♞ Knight

Then can someone with the powers that be, replace the red text on the main post in the thread for me, please?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=519444.0

Code (Find) Select
[color=red][size=18pt]This theme will no longer be updated, due to SMF 2.1.[/size][/color]

Code (Replace With) Select
[color=red][size=18pt]This theme will no longer be updated, due to SMF 2.1.

Also, due to issues I have found within the theme, I have decided to remove it from theme site.
I will try to see if can get issues fixed so can get it back up.

Sorry for any inconveniences.[/size][/color]

Thank you.

I removed the theme from my site before, and just remembered to do it here... LOL
Hopefully I can get the thing fixed soon, but with family issues, not sure when... :(

davidhs

Quote from: davidhs on May 25, 2015, 04:29:06 PM
Quote from: davidhs on May 25, 2015, 03:46:45 PM
I see these problems.

I have
- an official topic support in English (this will be updated when I update the mod) and
- other topic support in Spanish (this will not be updated, of course, and I will need send report to moderador for update this topic).
nothing we can really do about that, so we'll continue the way it is....
Perhaps... Can be add to a mod page two (or more) fields?
1st field: Another support topic (topic ID).
2nd field: Description for these another support topic.
???
Two years with this problem. :( Is there any solution?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Irisado

If any changes to the system are made, the Team will notify the community.  In the meantime, please keep doing what you are doing (i.e. sending moderation reports) and Team members can make the necessary edits for you :).  On that note, this topic can be left to rest now.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: