News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

forum went BOOOOM !!

Started by fragged8, May 18, 2015, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

hiya all

I recently upgrade to the new beta responsive design software and all was running fine until today.

I didn't mess with any admin settings but I did post to the forum and added links to photobucket where i store photos.

Ever since then i get this message.

Warning: require_once(C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 51 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.3\pear') in D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 51

since I am a programming moron I have no idea what it means ..

What I have tried in my limited capacity and after reading a post or two was renamed the settings.php to settings-bakk.php and then renamed the settings_bak.php to settings.php.  this had no effect but i did notice the original settings.php was twice the size of the bak version . .

could some kind person point me in the right direction ? please

Regards
Richard

JBlaze

Do you have a backup of your forum from before you upgraded it?

It is strongly discouraged to upgrade to 2.1 Beta on a live site until it goes final unless you really know what you are doing and how to fix things when they go wrong.

See this article on how to restore a database with a backup: Restoring a Database
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Kindred

sounds like you have one of "those" hosts ho randomly delete files on you.... (godaddy?)

in other words, what you did probably made things worse for you, when all you had to do as just restore the missing file.

That being said, What Zilladotexe said is exactly correct and why we have big warnings that beta versions should never be used on production systems...  event more especially, because I am betting that you installed the (relatively ancient) beta1 download from this site which has BUCKETS of known issues which have been long since patched in the almost ready beta2...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gluz

Quote from: fragged8 on May 18, 2015, 04:19:33 PM
Warning: require_once(C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 51 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.3\pear') in D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 51

Looks like a Windows host, and what I see is a change of the drive of the whole forum from Drive C:\ to drive D:\

So if is there a Repair_Settings.php tool for 2.1 I think it needs to be run for fix the paths.

Illori

repair_settings.php does not really work correctly for 2.1 at this time.

fragged8

oh dear, in deep doodoo right now then,, i restored a backup i made a week ago of the hosted files and now get 404 ?

the only reason i used the beta was the forum is directly linked to my website so google were punishing me on ranking because the forum wasn't responsive ..  i hate google..

i host with webwiz in the uk

fragged8

oops that should read 403 error , is there any way i can recover from this ?

Kindred

do you have a backup from BEFORE you attempted upgrade to an unstable version?

restore that and put 2.0.10 back on your site -- and then use the "responsive curve theme" mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Quote from: Illori on May 19, 2015, 05:17:29 AM
repair_settings.php does not really work correctly for 2.1 at this time.
Last I tried it worked for the most part ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

last time i tried it, if set to mysqli it shows you a nice error message

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/898 and https://github.com/SimpleMachines/tools/issues/6 so maybe it has been fixed i have not really tested it since.

margarett

I have to recheck it then ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Siirist

Hi,

Sorry to that you are having issues.  :(
The best thing about making mistakes is that we are able learn
(Edison found 10,000 ways NOT to make a light bulb last more than a second)

Just want to try to get corrected here.  :P

As implied, by the pros, "B" in Beta means Bad.  Bad-Experimental-Trying-Application (BETA).  :laugh:

Adding on my own, it is of benefit to have a Test Forum to try out things on. I have one and have gotten smf v1.x stuff to run on a smf v2.0.9 (NOT recommended as quirky things can happen, but no loss, just restore from the back up and all is well again)

I tend NOT to just randomly try this or that, as there is a GREAT SUPPORT TEAM HERE that will answer most questions in a timely manner (24-36hrs)
NOTE: They respond to "My forum is DOWN"
before "I can't get this MOD to work"

Did I mention a Test Forum?  I have even changed things in my phps and css, but it is always on the Test Forum. If it crashes really bad, delete and reinstall a whole new fresh and clean test forum again.

Best wishes in finding a "fix" and it is hoped (believing that the forum has been up for more than a couple months) you should have backed up monthly (minimum) and you have those back-ups somewhere.

Be Well,
Siirist

PS Just doing my best at being supportive, but I can't offer support, b/c I know so little
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

fragged8

hi guys

All is well in my world  ;D I uploaded another backup I had and the forum is running again . no idea why it didn't work the first time ?

I had a chat with my host and they rolled back the forum backup but that didn't work, luckily I had taken a full host backup before upgrading my webstore http://www.snuggs.me.uk [nofollow] and in the backup file was a copy of the forum.. Phew .

thank you everyone for being so helpful ..

Richard

thegymforum

Always make a backup of the source code and the database before every experiment. Consider learning git version control for the source files and mysqldump for backing up the database.  Ideally, having a test environment that you can copy/clone your code to and a test database to import the database you dumped. Now experiment on the copy of your website before rolling any changes to the live system.  Finally. Don't use the beta!! It's still under Dev elopement!  Would you pickup your new Porsche at the factory before it was done and start driving it recklessly ?

Kindred

thegymforum,

git version control?   for normal, every day admins?  nope....
Слaва
Украинi

fragged8

a long time has passed and everything has been running fine, nothing out of the ordinary..
Bugger me, today the forum is bust and i haven't done anything except posting to the forum with a link to a picture on photobucket ..

Warning: require_once(C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/Subs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 52 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/Subs.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.3\pear') in D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 52

any ideas anyone please . ?

margarett

Check if your Sources/Subs.php exists. If not, you must restore it from a backup (and check with your host why it was deleted)

fragged8

hiya
many thanks for the reply ,, yes its there along with a subs.php~

i did a webpage refresh a couple of times and also get this error

Richard

margarett

Just noticed, your drive letter is wrong

This is index.php, which is calling Subs.php (and QueryString.php)
D:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum\index.php

And this is the file which fails loading
C:\HostingSpaces\AdamLock\snuggs.me.uk\wwwroot\forum/Sources/QueryString.php

So you should run repair_settings. I suppose your host moved your files inside the server so they fail to load.

Advertisement: