News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Package Manager Problem on Latest GitHub Release

Started by Tikkuy, May 18, 2015, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikkuy

Hi all, I recently updated to the new version of 2.1 via GitHub and it all seems to be working fine apart from one thing. When I go to package manager, I get the following message:

QuoteFatal error: Class 'PharData' not found in /home/mogar/pophatesfags.org/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 245

Any ideas about what this may be? I upgraded from an older version of 2.1 that worked great.

live627

What is your PHP version? It must be at least 5.3.9.

Tikkuy

Quote from: live627 on May 19, 2015, 12:11:13 AM
What is your PHP version? It must be at least 5.3.9.

It's 5.3.29, but I wasn't having this problem before I upgraded my SMF. Is this a new requirement?

Kindred

yes.  2.1 has much higher standards of software  (in other words, versions which are no deprecated and outdated)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

It should be present in 5.3+ unless your php was compiled without it
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7847013/class-phardata-not-found

Phpinfo should tell you if it was disabled or not.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Tikkuy

Quote from: margarett on May 19, 2015, 11:23:05 AM
It should be present in 5.3+ unless your php was compiled without it
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7847013/class-phardata-not-found

Phpinfo should tell you if it was disabled or not.

Thanks for this. Just double checked and I'm getting a result for "'--enable-phar=shared'". Is that what we're looking for?

margarett

It suggests that it is but honestly that's not something I'm comfortable with. I would suggest you talk to your host. ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Tikkuy

Quote from: margarett on May 19, 2015, 01:54:42 PM
It suggests that it is but honestly that's not something I'm comfortable with. I would suggest you talk to your host. ;)

Will do. The only thing I'm thinking is that when I tried to uninstall the Customized BBCode mod to update it came up with an error, I'm pretty sure in Load.php that I had to remove manually. That couldn't have anything to do with it, could it?

margarett

No, I don't think so. PharData is included in PHP itself, not in SMF, so I don't think you could get that error by messing with SMF files.

Tikkuy

Quote from: margarett on May 20, 2015, 04:28:38 AM
No, I don't think so. PharData is included in PHP itself, not in SMF, so I don't think you could get that error by messing with SMF files.

Hmm, strange. I just confirmed with my host and they're telling me phar is definitely enabled. I'm also getting an error since updating to the latest version where all the icons I have are getting confused - so when I like posts, it comes up with the traffic lights symbol used for Moderate. Not sure if that's related or not though.

Is there any way I can do a fresh install while keeping all my current database settings intact? I'd just like to rule out this being a fault of my own that came from playing with the wrong files.

margarett

Yes, sure. Just load the last files from github and throw them on top of the current ones :P
If you get errors due to missing database fields you should go and run upgrade.php (you can find the upgrade* files in the "other" folder)

A backup first won't hurt ;)

Tikkuy

Quote from: margarett on May 20, 2015, 09:55:20 AM
Yes, sure. Just load the last files from github and throw them on top of the current ones :P
If you get errors due to missing database fields you should go and run upgrade.php (you can find the upgrade* files in the "other" folder)

A backup first won't hurt ;)

Ahh, that's what I've done but I'm still having issues. :'( Thanks so much for your help though.

Any other ideas from anyone?

margarett

It really points to your host, honestly :(

Can you get us a phpinfo?
What is a phpinfo() file?

Tikkuy

Quote from: margarett on May 22, 2015, 10:13:41 AM
It really points to your host, honestly :(

Can you get us a phpinfo?
What is a phpinfo() file?

Sure thing, here it is.

Thanks for your continued help. <3

margarett

Definitely it's not enabled. That error probably means that PHP is compiled with phar support, but the library itself is not loaded.

In my localhost, I have a whole section of Phar in my phpinfo...

Some more Google
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22971607/enable-phar-shared-do-i-have-to-recompile-php-to-install-composer?rq=1

Either the .so file is missing or the extension is not loaded in php.ini...

Tikkuy

Quote from: margarett on May 23, 2015, 07:24:23 AM
Definitely it's not enabled. That error probably means that PHP is compiled with phar support, but the library itself is not loaded.

In my localhost, I have a whole section of Phar in my phpinfo...

Some more Google
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22971607/enable-phar-shared-do-i-have-to-recompile-php-to-install-composer?rq=1

Either the .so file is missing or the extension is not loaded in php.ini...

I ended up going to my host about it, and god, it was really the stupidest mistake ever. My php file was named 5.3.9 instead of 5.3. Can you believe my stupidity? :'(

Thanks so much for all your help and being so lovely margarett! <3

margarett

Great :)

Notice how now you also have a section for Phar in phpinfo? ;)

Advertisement: