News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Skyfall] Links do not direct to linked post

Started by direndai, May 20, 2015, 10:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

direndai

It always goes to first post of the thread. Am i missing something? Can it be related to the theme I am using?

Same happens after posting. It redirects the poster to the first post instead of the one he posted.

thank you  :)

margarett

It is possible that your "#new" link is broken...
But we need further info:
- SMF version?
- Theme you use?
- MODs installed?
- a link to your site? and if possible, a test account (no need for admin rights)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

direndai

Hi, thanks for the quick response

Using SMF 2.0.10
Skyfall theme

I just checked and it is theme related..works fine on default SMF theme  ???

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

direndai

Thanks margarett. Im afraid the creator is inactive though.. any ideas what might be the cause for this or how to fix it?

margarett

Nop. Never used that theme, really (and I seriously suck at theming - amongst many other things ;D )

Siirist

Quote from: direndai on May 20, 2015, 12:01:11 PM
Thanks margarett. Im afraid the creator is inactive though.. any ideas what might be the cause for this or how to fix it?

Hi,

Don't know anything, but rather than just sitting at home, I will upload the theme to my test forum and see if I can make the issue appear and maybe fiddle with it.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Siirist

Functioned on my Test Forum

See it here
here is what the link looks like - >  asanctuary.net/TestForum/index.php?topic=3.new#new

I had to make changes to my "Look and Layout" preferences in my Profile (listed in the post) but seems like a way cool theme

I had my titles doubled when using this theme, but that is a separate issue and may be something on my Test Forum (because you did NOT mention that issue).

Hope that this information helps and does NOT cause confusion.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

direndai

Quote from: Siirist on May 20, 2015, 01:23:56 PMI had my titles doubled when using this theme, but that is a separate issue and may be something on my Test Forum (because you did NOT mention that issue).
Nope, the only issue i have is with links always redirecting to the first post in the topic. Everything else works fine!

It is probably the pretty urls mod, that would make sense. If anyone has advice, please, do share. If I find the solution I will post it here.

EDIT: Although, if the problem is another mod, wouldnt it be weird that it happens only with this skin?

direndai

So, the problem is definitely in the theme. Does anyone know which line is responsible for this? I dont even know where to begin looking -.-

Here is a link to a test forum with the SkyFall theme installed, you can see the problem if you click on one of the replies..it will throw you on the first post of the topic.

(SMF version 2.0.10, no mods installed)

thanks

margarett

Quote from: direndai on May 21, 2015, 01:56:22 PM
Here is a link to a test forum with the SkyFall theme installed, you can see the problem if you click on one of the replies..it will throw you on the first post of the topic.
Forgot something? ;D

direndai

hehe :laugh:

izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3

Siirist

[ u r l = izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3 [ / u r l ]  without the spaces (the spaces were put in so you would see the code for adding a link)

Siirist
Needed information:

direndai

Was this a response to the subject, or are you telling me how to use the BB code? ;)

Siirist, I went to your test forum and recreated the problem there. Only that besides that, you ALSO have the other one, with the doubled titles. But the one I am having is present at your forum too.

It seems this will happen to everyone using Skyfall on SMF 2.0.10, perhaps even the earlier versions, as this issue is not the primary concern of most forum owner. It is however of the outmost importance to our community, I would appreciate advice on what to do/where in css to find the lines related to this.

Steve

Quote from: Siirist on May 21, 2015, 11:45:48 PM

[ u r l = izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3 [ / u r l ]  without the spaces (the spaces were put in so you would see the code for adding a link)

Siirist

Really Siirist? If an admin doesn't know how to post a link, they shouldn't be an admin.

And there's a much easier way of showing someone how to post bbcode. Just use the 'nobbc' bbcode. Posting this:

[nobbc][url=http://izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3]izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3[/url][/nobbc]

Will show them this:

[url=http://izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3]izmisli.si/temp/index.php?topic=1.msg3#msg3[/url]
DO NOT pm me for support!

direndai

*bump*

still with the same problem. Redirecting to linked post always takes you to the first post in the thread, not the linked one. Solution needed, or perhaps a similar theme if you know of any.

Thanks,
d

Kindred

I don't know what you are talking about

http://www.asanctuary.net/TestForum/index.php?topic=3.msg18#msg18
correctly displays reply#3 at the top of the screen...

If it is not displaying for you - then that suggests a BROWSER problem, not a problem with the forum...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

direndai

He is not using the Skyfall theme at this moment ;)

Try this (link to the third post of the topic)
http://izmisli.si/akademija/pisanje/msg51/#msg51 [nofollow]

Kindred

I don't think it's a theme issue...  I am fairly certain it is an issue with whatever URL rewriting script you are using.... (prettyurls?)

turn that off and see if it works...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

direndai

thanks for taking an interest :)

It must be the theme. I tried using different ones, the problem appears only when using SkyFall. I made a test forum and tried it without any mods installed, still the same problem. Also, Siirist gave me admin privileges on his test forum some months ago, and I tested with SkyFall, the problem was there (besides another problem the skin was causing him).

No idea where to look in the code, I dont have sufficient knowledge to do that. Where would the line dealing with linking be?

Advertisement: