News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Web Wiz Forums (WebWiz)

Started by postpar, June 13, 2015, 11:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postpar

I am in rather more urgent need of a converter than I should be, since I "inherited" a WebWiz forum that is rather dormant but still needs conversion. I brought it over from MSQL to MySQL already. I am willing to pay a reasonable amount and work through problems. The converters I've found from WebWiz have mainly been withdrawn, and while there's technically one going to Invisionboard, I haven't gotten it to work (it goes fine then refuses to recognize the Threads table).

I suspect WebWiz and SMF have a lot in common, based on the appearance — WebWiz Forums looks very, very similar to SMF...

There is a suggestion on going to phpbb2 but I could not find the converter there.
Just a thread on moving from MSQL to MySQL which I've already done at some pain! (I should mention my server is Linux and I really don't want to run a Window server in addition forever).

Any thoughts, suggestions, ... ?

margarett

Howdy

I have never seen that software before :( Nevertheless, I believe that is should be (database-wise) very different from SMF.
I checked the "requirements" page for it and it seems that it supports MySQL but I can't be sure that the layout is the same as the one you converted from MSSQL... So I would need to analyze it. To write it from scratch is something that should take some time, really...

Do you have other files that need conversion? Eg, attachments, avatars, etc?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

postpar

You are right, the appearance is the same but the database is different. Attachments should be brought over but no conversion should be needed. Avatars don't need to come over, nor polls, nor votes. We can live without the frills.

margarett

Yeah, attachments are required (so that they are properly added to SMF's attachments table)

Just another question: do you have an available dump that requires conversion ASAP or does your forum still runs and you want to perform a conversion now for testing and a definitive one later on?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

postpar

Both ;) Actually I'd rather just work on the dump but the original forum is still running so if you wanted to test your work you could do it. It's pretty moribund now.

postpar

... I have no problem sending the attachments, or the folder structure for them. It's far easier for me to send the dump than provide access to the forum which is on Windows but you can access the existing forum to see it in action and check your work etc. If you can provide an estimate up front that'd be nice. I can pay within some limits.

Advertisement: