Embed Instagram BBCode

Started by dougiefresh, June 23, 2015, 02:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

Just uninstalled this Mod, because it was impossible to vote in a new Poll, generating the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cmsedit7/public_html/xxx-xxxx.xx/smf/Sources/Subs-Instagram.php:1) in /home/cmsedit7/public_html/xxx-xxxx.xx/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 2950

dougiefresh

Quote from: Dwev on March 15, 2018, 04:26:15 AM
@ dougiefresh: thanks, your hint gave me exactly what I was looking for.

I had looked at the parsed actions of the Mod, but missed the Move the included file "Subs-Instagram.php" to "./Sources" at the bottom.

In there I added double slashes before the following code:

$buttons[count($buttons) - 1][] = array(
'image' => 'instagram',
'code' => 'instagram',
'description' => 'Instagram',
'before' => '[instagram]',
'after' => '[/instagram]',
);

So it became this:

//$buttons[count($buttons) - 1][] = array(
// 'image' => 'instagram',
// 'code' => 'instagram',
// 'description' => 'Instagram',
// 'before' => '[instagram]',
// 'after' => '[/instagram]',
//);

And the button is gone.   :D
Or you could just add a return; before the $buttons[count($buttons) - 1][] statement and it would do the same thing....

Quote from: Dwev on March 15, 2018, 04:26:15 AM
Different question: now that I'm using the mod I see that it cuts off quite a lot of the Instagram post.

The original post can be seen here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRHlLPDWqm/

The result in the attached screenshot.
Have you tried using a height parameter in the instagram tag?  For example:

[instagram height=200]{some link here}[/instagram]

Quote from: Dwev on March 15, 2018, 11:38:10 AM
Just uninstalled this Mod, because it was impossible to vote in a new Poll, generating the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cmsedit7/public_html/xxx-xxxx.xx/smf/Sources/Subs-Instagram.php:1) in /home/cmsedit7/public_html/xxx-xxxx.xx/smf/Sources/Subs.php on line 2950

There is a 7 at the very beginning of the Subs-Instagram.php.  Remove it and everything should work correctly again.  A new update will include this correction....

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  The height and width parameters do not support percentages properly.  The next version will resolve this issue....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.0 - March 15th, 2018
o Added height and captioned to bbcode without requiring width.
o Added ability to use percentages in width and height.
o Adjusted HTML building code to add appropriate CSS width and height styling.
o Added option to include Instagram link below embedded Instagram post.

@Dwev:  Hopefully, this update solves the bugs that you reported.  Please let me know if there are still issues....  Thanks!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.1 - October 15th, 2018
o No functionality change.
o Updated documentation to point to new website.

chinaren

Hello DF.  I tried uploading/installing this to my SMF2.1 RC2 forum, but it says it's not compatible with this version of SMF.

Will you be updating this mod at all?

Thank you!
The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Sir Osis of Liver

Anyone supporting this mod? 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

sheryltoo

I just upgraded my forum to 2.0.18 and I see a tab for Instagram. Was this mod incorporated into a newer version? I never installed the mod or knew there was a mod for this. I wouldn't mind having it on my forum but It doesn't look like it does anything. Does the app not link to Instagram? Do you have to find your Instagram picture first before using the BB code?

Rob Lightbody

Sadly this seems to have stopped working.

Is there any alternative on SMF 2.0.19 to embed Instagram posts on the forum?

GL700Wing

Quote from: Rob Lightbody on November 14, 2023, 01:48:16 PMSadly this seems to have stopped working.

Is there any alternative on SMF 2.0.19 to embed Instagram posts on the forum?
Working fine for me on SMF 2.0.19 - can you post a screen capture of what is displayed when you use this BBCode?
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

Advertisement: