XPtsp-Style Board List

Started by dougiefresh, July 08, 2015, 11:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

XPtsp-STYLE BOARD LIST v1.7
Written by PI3KUM -> Forked By Dougiefresh

Introduction
This mod started when I discovered that it wasn't possible to install both the Separate Replies and Views Column v1.9.2 and Vbulletin Style Board Index v1.9.2) mods together without conflict between the two.  I merged the two mods together and made a few additional changes of my own in order to make it more my own, such as swapping the topics and replies columns in the BoardIndex and MessageIndex pages.  I also added some additional stuff to the listings like preview of the last post, as well as modified the Unread and Unread Recent templates to seperate the replies and views columns for a more unified appearance.

Admin Settings
SMF 2.0: There is a new setting called Preview the first post in MessageIndex? under Admin -> Configuration -> Modification Settings.

Forks of Original Mods
o Separate Replies and Views Column v1.9.2
o Vbulletin Style Board Index v1.9.2

Related Discussions
o [TIP]vBulletin style messageindex links

Compatibility Notes
This mod was tested on SMF 2.0.14, but should work on SMF 2.0 and up, as well as SMF 2.1 RC2.  SMF 1.x is not and will not be supported.

This mod DOES NOT work on SMF 2.0.x's Core theme, as many of the modifications that this mod makes are already present in the Core theme.

This mod should be installed AFTER the Responsive Curve mod, if both are to be used.

Changelog
The changelog can be viewed at XPtsp.com.

License
Copyright (c) 2015 - 2019, Douglas Orend
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.1 - August 29th, 2015
o Added support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.
o SMF 2.1: Headers above Board Index categories not implemented at this time.
o Added checkbox in Miscellaneous Settings to enable previews of first post per topic.

njtweb

1st test. Doesn't like the flatline theme.

Thank you, been waiting for this for a while!  ;D

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - December 9th, 2015
o Made theme setting change optional, as it may already be set in the theme by default.

@njtweb: It appears that the theme setting may have already been changed in your copy of the flatline theme, so I made that particular operation optional for version 1.2....  Thank for the bug report, njtweb!

njtweb

Working, looks great except for one minor bar issue. On the topic view page, the replies/views/last post header bar seems to have shrunken up and changed the placement of each header title.

dougiefresh

I just installed the flatline theme onto my clean SMF 2.0.11 forum, then this mod was installed.  The modified flatline theme is correct on my system. 

Your picture suggests either that (1) that something wasn't changed properly within the MessageIndex.template.php file ---OR--- (2) that you have other mods that have changed the same area(s), and somehow conflict without producing an error message.....

njtweb

Thanks Dougie, probably as you suggest, a different mod affecting it. I uninstalled the mod, as I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to look or assume which mod might be affecting it.

However, great job on resurrecting the mod!  :D

Steve

Maybe if you listed your mods here something might jump out at dougie as a possible conflict? :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

njtweb

Hi Steve,

This is what I have.

SMF Gallery Lite   5.5.1
TinyPortal   1.2
Say Thanks   1.3.3
Mobile Device Detect   0.2.2
SMF2WPBridge   1
Post and PM Inline Attachments   3.8
Linked Words   1
Footer Menu v.1   v.1