News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Embed Facebook BBCode

Started by dougiefresh, July 11, 2015, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkucuksari

One more small question. As shown at attached, I want to move facebook icon as 3 rd icon, just to near Vimeo icon. How can I do it ?

mkucuksari

Here is the Turkish Translation

$txt['fb_default_lang'] = 'Facebook kontrollerinde kullanilacak dil secenegi :';
$txt['fb_default_video_width'] = 'Facebook videolarının varsayilan genislik degeri:';
$txt['fb_default_post_width'] = 'Facebook iletilerinin varsayilan genislik degeri:';
$txt['fb_invalid'] = '[ Gecersiz Facebook Linki ]';

dougiefresh

Quote from: mkucuksari on November 22, 2017, 04:45:54 PM
Sometimes without writing any extra comments, we only want to share the Facebook link. But in that case, I get a warning that the message is empty.
Can you provide a link that does this?

Quote from: mkucuksari on November 23, 2017, 05:41:24 AM
Here is the Turkish Translation

$txt['fb_default_lang'] = 'Facebook kontrollerinde kullanilacak dil secenegi :';
$txt['fb_default_video_width'] = 'Facebook videolarının varsayilan genislik degeri:';
$txt['fb_default_post_width'] = 'Facebook iletilerinin varsayilan genislik degeri:';
$txt['fb_invalid'] = '[ Gecersiz Facebook Linki ]';

I appreciate the translation, but which language file do I place those lines in?

Quote from: mkucuksari on November 22, 2017, 05:09:35 PM
One more small question. As shown at attached, I want to move facebook icon as 3 rd icon, just to near Vimeo icon. How can I do it ?
It is not possible to change the position of the bbcode buttons at this time.....

mkucuksari

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 23, 2017, 10:55:40 AM
Can you provide a link that does this?
Here is two example facebook link.

[facebook]www.facebook.com/sabhelidivision/photos/pcb.1613093015377601/1613091855377717/?type=3&theater[/facebook]
[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/biliyoomuydun/videos/2404785083079271/ [nofollow][/facebook]

I appreciate the translation, but which language file do I place those lines in?
Please find the files at attached.

It is not possible to change the position of the bbcode buttons at this time.....
Hope we can get this feature soon.

dougiefresh

Quote from: mkucuksari on November 23, 2017, 04:03:35 PM
Here is two example facebook link.

[facebook]www.facebook.com/sabhelidivision/photos/pcb.1613093015377601/1613091855377717/?type=3&theater[/facebook]
[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/biliyoomuydun/videos/2404785083079271/[/facebook]
I've tried these links on a clean SMF 2.0.15 forum and cannot duplicate the bug report.....  Can't fix what I can't duplicate....

mkucuksari

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 23, 2017, 11:50:07 PM
I've tried these links on a clean SMF 2.0.15 forum and cannot duplicate the bug report.....  Can't fix what I can't duplicate....
okey, no problem. Thanks for your interest  ;)

mkucuksari

My forum users like your mod very much. Again many thanks for this great mod.

As you know, many mobile users use Tapatalk application to access and follow forums and they notice and warn me that Facebook videos can not be seen from Tapatalk. I know Tapatalk could find a solution for this problem but at last years their supports are very bad.

Anyway some of my users ask a simple solution that YouTube mod is also using.

Our suggestion is, will it possible for your to add a direct Facebook link at just below the video frame as shown at attached.So [nofollow] Tapatalk user may see this direct link and by clicking it they can watch the video at Facebook original page.

Some forum owners may not be like this new feature. So if you can add a selection at admin panel, by enabling or disabling this direct Facebook link can be visible.

Hope it is clear enough what and how we ask a new feature from you. If not please ask and I will try more clear.

dougiefresh

@mkucuksari:  I wish I had some clue as to how to fix this issue with Tapatalk....  Some of my other bbcodes aren't getting translated through the Tapatalk addon, either....

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  I found the problem with Tapatalk!  Instead of doing operations to change SMF's core files to do its "dirty work", it uses it's own version of the files.  The mod I have installed uses SMF 2.0.11 files....  So now I have some idea of where to edit files so that stuff works....

As a side note, this discovery helped me get my custom bbcodes on my forum working through Tapatalk....  O:)  Maybe I can also get many other mods working with Tapatalk, as well....

mkucuksari

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 26, 2017, 10:48:11 PM
UPDATE:  I found the problem with Tapatalk!  Instead of doing operations to change SMF's core files to do its "dirty work", it uses it's own version of the files.  The mod I have installed uses SMF 2.0.11 files....  So now I have some idea of where to edit files so that stuff works....

As a side note, this discovery helped me get my custom bbcodes on my forum working through Tapatalk....  O:)  Maybe I can also get many other mods working with Tapatalk, as well....
Great news  :D Waiting the new version  :)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.6 - November 27th, 2017
o Added Turkish translation, courtsey of mkucuksari!
o Added Tapatalk support so that any Facebook links show up as clickable links.
o Added option to show the Facebook URL after the Facebook post/video/photo/etc.

@mkucuksari:  Thank you for the translation, as well as the bug report and new option idea!  They have been included in this version!

Attached is a screenshot from my phone of the Tapatalk test thread I used....

villasg

Quote from: villasg on November 22, 2017, 12:56:39 PM
Hi need remove the old and reinstall , or just replace the "Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php" in "./Sources" folder ?

Same trick again for new version ?

mkucuksari

Quote from: dougiefresh on November 27, 2017, 10:56:45 AM
Uploaded v3.6 - November 27th, 2017
o Added Turkish translation, courtsey of mkucuksari!
o Added Tapatalk support so that any Facebook links show up as clickable links.
o Added option to show the Facebook URL after the Facebook post/video/photo/etc.

@mkucuksari:  Thank you for the translation, as well as the bug report and new option idea!  They have been included in this version!

Attached is a screenshot from my phone of the Tapatalk test thread I used....
Uninstalled the old version and installed the new one.

Everything is working perfect  ;) Many thanks @dougiefresh, you did a great job.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.7 - November 29th, 2017
o Revised Tapatalk support to return Facebook URL only if we can match a pattern.
o Streamlined some code in the bbcode validation function.

@Everybody:  Please upgrade your forum to this version.  The URL validation code in version 3.6 is skipped when using the Tapatalk app to show Facebook bbcodes, which could possibly be a security issue....  Thankfully, the mod doesn't use <iframe> html tags, otherwise, it'd be a major security issue....

Yes, you can upgrade from older versions by replacing the Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php file in Sources....

mkucuksari

naitram

just added this and found out there is an issue with the pattern matching

for example if the FB page name has a "-" then you always get invalid response

ex:

https://www.facebook.com/harley-davidson/videos/10154941375470765/

i was able to get it to work by modifing the pattern match to allow "-"

dougiefresh

I'll make that change when I get home tonight.  But it's gonna be a few hours....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.8 - January 11th, 2018
o Modified regex patterns to include dashes in Facebook user names.

@naitram:  This update should solve the problem you reported.  Thank you for the bug report!

naitram

thanks for the quick update

villasg

Its safe to upgrade from version V3.7 by replacing the Subs-BBCode-Facebook.php file in Sources ??

Advertisement: