News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to make a choice Like appear in the post profile

Started by tectonny, July 13, 2015, 10:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tectonny

I really enjoyed this option but how can I do to look at this profile of the post?

http://www.tectonny.com.br/forum/index.php

I am using the 2.1 beta 2 version

Kindred

Do what?

Posting a link and saying "this" is absolutely useless.  Describe.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

you want a like feature per user and not per post? that would require a mod. you want to move the locate of the like on each post or something else?

you really should not be using 2.1 on a live forum...

tectonny

Sorry for my English.
See picture for better understanding.

Appearing like how many likes you have.

Illori

you want a count of how many posts a user has liked? you would need a mod for that. it will not be a default feature in 2.1. since 2.1 is still in beta almost no one is making mods for it.

Kindred

or are you attempting to collect likes on the user instead of the post?

if so, that is the equivalent to Karma -- which has, essentially, been discontinued in 2.1 and would need a mod to re-activate.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tectonny

The SMF 2.1 has the likes option in the messages.

I want to show how many likes each user has.

Illori

Quote from: Illori on July 14, 2015, 08:20:10 AM
you want a count of how many posts a user has liked? you would need a mod for that. it will not be a default feature in 2.1. since 2.1 is still in beta almost no one is making mods for it.

Kindred

wait...   your english could be confusing the matter...

you want to show how many likes a used has MADE or you want to show how many likes a specific user has RECEIVED?

if the second one, then you are out of luck. We do not track likes by user -- as I said, that is Karma -- and Karma was removed.
if the first one, you are still out of luck, because we do not track likes by user.

finally -- none of that can be done in the default product...  most mod authors are not making mods for 2.1 while it is still in beta...  and we are not going to spend the time coding a special feature when we are working on getting an actual release made.

tl;dr...   nope. you are not gonna be able to do that.
Слaва
Украинi

tectonny

Kindred

See, that's the thing... USERS do not receive likes.  Likes are associated to the POST.

What you are asking for is, essentially karma...   and that is what we REMOVED from 2.1

So... the basic answer is -- no.
Слaва
Украинi

KTN

Quote from: Kindred on July 14, 2015, 09:15:51 AM
wait...   your english could be confusing the matter...

you want to show how many likes a used has MADE or you want to show how many likes a specific user has RECEIVED?

if the second one, then you are out of luck. We do not track likes by user -- as I said, that is Karma -- and Karma was removed.
if the first one, you are still out of luck, because we do not track likes by user.

finally -- none of that can be done in the default product...  most mod authors are not making mods for 2.1 while it is still in beta...  and we are not going to spend the time coding a special feature when we are working on getting an actual release made.

tl;dr...   nope. you are not gonna be able to do that.

But in 2.1 RC2  ==> Forum Stats showed " Top Liked Users", So we already had that data. Only we need to add in the poster's profile.

KTN

tectonny  if you upgrade from SMF older version to 2.1 rc2 and your forum have thanks or like mod already had, you can do it. I did it to my sites. Just read carefully the following post and do it in PHPMyAdmin.
Quote from: shawnb61 on March 11, 2019, 12:06:57 PM
I've been using the following, seems to work (updated from one I shared earlier in this thread).

Note that if you compare counts, they don't line up perfectly, but that ties back to the fact that deleted users/posts linger in the source tables.

--
-- Simple utility to migrate Like Posts mod history
-- to the SMF 2.1 vanilla table.
--
-- Note that in Like Posts, 'topic' likes referenced the first post
-- in the topic.  I.e., all likes were 'msg' likes.   
--
-- Uses IGNORE in case of dupes or reloads. 
-- Found that Like Posts somehow let folks like some things 2x,
-- so dupes may be found in the like_post table.
--

INSERT IGNORE INTO smf_user_likes
    (id_member, content_type, content_id, like_time)
SELECT id_member_gave, 'msg', id_msg, liked_timestamp
    FROM smf_like_post;

--
-- Now for the counts in the messages table.
--

UPDATE smf_messages msg
INNER JOIN
(
   SELECT content_id, COUNT(*) AS like_count
   FROM smf_user_likes
   WHERE content_type = 'msg'
   GROUP BY content_id
) lc ON msg.id_msg = lc.content_id
SET msg.likes = lc.like_count;

Advertisement: