SMF 2.1 Beta 2 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

The CLEARLY STATED release -- as always is : When it is ready.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Thijs.w

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2015, 12:16:36 PM
The CLEARLY STATED release -- as always is : When it is ready.

I understand that of course, but I want to make a own theme I think.  :laugh: (To use for a own forum later too.) Can I start with it now, or is this a bit early and can I better chose 2.0?
Regards,
Thijs.

http://www.thijsw.eu

Illori

we cant tell you what or how many changes may be coming for the theme if any. you would be best to stick with 2.0 for now.

Kindred

As stated: The current release is still in BETA.  There *WILL* be changes to code in both Sources files and Theme/templates.  So, you can practice making a theme, but it is very likely that any work that you do for a beta will have to be redone for the next beta and/or the RC versions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

One thing I can tell to you, you can't use SMF 2.0 themes in 2.1. So unless you know diff to master don't start creating themes for 2.1

Deaks

next release will be the day after I invent a time machine!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

GrCOTE7

Yes... Go on ! We're waiting for you...

Bravos !

@++

Antes

Wellwisher

I just upgraded from 2.0 to this version on my local (very easy process thanks to your upgrade tool) and I am just blown away by how sexy and well thought of things are. I was able to understand using 2.1 almost instantly compared to my first time with 2.0. The placement of things just make sense in this version. I love the theme too, my god it's so sexy. We're also talking big improvements to usability. Massive thought has gone into member interaction which will enable users to communicate better. Happy members means it's will help generate member growth. Just a beautiful, powerful advance cms Devs. Congrats. Windows 95 was smf 2.0 but now 2.1 is a huge leap forward, we're talking windows XP baby! and its how things are meant to be.

I can't wait for the actual release so i can start moding the theme! Awesome work devs, 2.1 is the way forward. In fact, I will buy a t-shirt saying that in a form of a donation. xD Congrats and thank you.

Ricky.

Antechinus

Quote from: Wellwisher on September 04, 2015, 10:23:15 PM
I just upgraded from 2.0 to this version on my local (very easy process thanks to your upgrade tool) and I am just blown away by how sexy and well thought of things are. I was able to understand using 2.1 almost instantly compared to my first time with 2.0. The placement of things just make sense in this version. I love the theme too, my god it's so sexy.

It'll look even better if you scoot down to Line 3743 of index.css and change the linear-gradient from "to bottom" to "to top". ;)

Teru Mikami

Hi....
I'm using it in my forum www.ajayu.org
I know... "not in production" but... well

How I can help u to test? xDU

www.ajayu.org

margarett

Just use it ;) And report any issues you encounter.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

smackcrmaddons

stefan357965

un0mic

so will the upgrade kill my mods?

Antes

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Thijs.w

Regards,
Thijs.

http://www.thijsw.eu

Antes

Quote from: Thijs.w on September 16, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
Quote from: Antes on September 15, 2015, 04:36:38 PM
Quote from: un0mic on September 15, 2015, 04:25:58 PM
so will the upgrade kill my mods?

Yeap.

Why? Is 2.1 a full new system?  :-\

Its a major release, lots of changes with database changes so you can't just patch your current running software to bring it up to date.

Advertisement: