Move Topic Issue- 2.1 Beta2

Started by br360, July 16, 2015, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

I just upgraded a site to 2.1 Beta2, and am seeing something weird when moving topics. If I move a topic from board A to board b, and uncheck "Post a redirection topic.", it works fine.

However, there is an issue if I move a topic from one board to another and leave a redirect topic notice. If I go back to the moved topic notice and delete it, it actually deletes the topic that was moved to a new board instead. Then when I go back and try to reopen the redirect topic notice, I get the "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you" error.

Illori

same issue you already reported

Quote from: br360 on March 05, 2015, 05:41:01 PM
Hmmm, ok. I have no idea why then when I delete the [merge] topic, it actually deletes the topic that everything was merged into instead.

i dont think that part was actually fixed when the bug was fixed.

br360

Yes it was very similar, and I almost posted a link of that topic here as well. That last issue was with merge topics though, so I wasn't sure if they were related.

Illori

might help the devs to report these issues on github so they are sure to see them and they are tracked.

there are some issues with moving topics i believe that may still be open on github.

live627

Can you track this so it won't get lost?

br360

Quote from: Illori on July 16, 2015, 08:26:24 PM
might help the devs to report these issues on github so they are sure to see them and they are tracked.

there are some issues with moving topics i believe that may still be open on github.

I'd be happy to, but other than going to github to download packages, haven't really used it before. Is there a section there where I can post this issue?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

br360

Thanks for the link Bruno. I just went ahead and created an account and posted the issue there.

margarett

See? Easy right? :P

edit: I can't reproduce that... I was able to leave a redirection topic and delete it with either the checkboxes or going inside the topic (if I don't choose to redirect, of course...) and delete it with the bottom "REMOVE TOPIC" button...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

br360

A little scary, but fought my way through it. ;)

Yes, easy enough, thanks. For any future issues I may find; is it still good to start a thread here as well, or would the team prefer just posting an issue posted on github?

margarett

Well, optimally everything is tracked at GH. But to be honest, I like the discussion here better (I'm not a big fan of their interface, just that)

br360

Quoteedit: I can't reproduce that... I was able to leave a redirection topic and delete it with either the checkboxes or going inside the topic (if I don't choose to redirect, of course...) and delete it with the bottom "REMOVE TOPIC" button...

Just saw your edit:

I just tried it again to be sure, and the same thing is happening. To be more descriptive; when I go back to the redirect topic "Moved: (topic name)" and open it, instead of it showing what shows on 2.0 (this topic has been moved to (board) and (new topic link) it actually shows the new topic instead and the new board it has been moved to.

margarett

Ah that. Yes, it is doing what it's supposed to ;)

When you are moving the topic you have the choice to leave a redirection topic or not and if that topic is a direct redirection or not.

So if you leave default values, your MOVED topic is actually a redirection to the actual topic.

;)

br360

That does make sense, but the redirect topics are still visible from the old board, and there is no way to remove them if I forget to uncheck the redirection- without deleting the moved topic in the new board as well.

Even after running the "Remove MOVED: redirection topics" task, the redirect topics are still there.

live627

Quotethe redirect topics are still visible from the old board, and there is no way to remove them if I forget to uncheck the redirection- without deleting the moved topic in the new board as well.
Quick moderation should work for that.

QuoteEven after running the "Remove MOVED: redirection topics" task, the redirect topics are still there.
the maintenance task?

br360

The maintenance task did not work, however enabling quick moderation did in fact work and the moved topic notice was removed- thanks for that.

It's a solution, but just seems a little more inconvenient than the 2.0.x versions- where you can just be able to delete a removed notice topic like other topics.

live627

Quote from: live627 on July 17, 2015, 12:08:04 AM
QuoteEven after running the "Remove MOVED: redirection topics" task, the redirect topics are still there.
the maintenance task?
To clarify, not the scheduled task?

br360

Yes, it was scheduled task- Admin >>Maintenance>>Scheduled Tasks>>Remove MOVED: redirection topics

br360

Quote from: br360 on July 17, 2015, 12:29:47 AM
The maintenance task did not work, however enabling quick moderation did in fact work and the moved topic notice was removed- thanks for that.

It's a solution, but just seems a little more inconvenient than the 2.0.x versions- where you can just be able to delete a removed notice topic like other topics.

Quoting this because I am unable to edit it- Just to confirm about quick moderation- It will remove the forwarded/moved topic as well as the moved topic notice as well. Obviously if a moderator moves a topic, and accidentally forgets to uncheck the redirection notice; we don't want to actually delete the moved topic itself when we try to remove the notice topic.

margarett

I wasn't able to reproduce that, I'll try again today.

Just to be sure: are you using the B2 release package or the code from GH?

Advertisement: