News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Move Topic Issue- 2.1 Beta2

Started by br360, July 16, 2015, 06:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

do note... in 2.1 - the moved topic stubs are automatically cleaned up after X days, where X is the setting that you have defined in the smf admin

You are absolutely correct
in 2.1 the moved post becomes a stub which immediately redirects the click into the thread - wherever it was moved to. This is FAD (functions as designed) an is completely intentional.
and that means that you are also correct that you can not delete the stub form inside it -- because the stub is nothing more than a bounce.

You can manually delete using quickmoderation checkboxes...
you can wait for the stub to expire and get automatically removed after a time...

So...   it is looking like there is no actual bug here....   just confusion over how the redesigned feature works. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Quote from: margarett on July 17, 2015, 04:15:49 AM
Just to be sure: are you using the B2 release package or the code from GH?

Yes, it was the B2 release package from here- http://download.simplemachines.org/

Quote from: Kindred on July 17, 2015, 08:28:22 AM

You can manually delete using quickmoderation checkboxes...
you can wait for the stub to expire and get automatically removed after a time...

So...   it is looking like there is no actual bug here....   just confusion over how the redesigned feature works. :)

It is different than how 2.0 is set up obviously, and not a bad improvement actually. The issue though is that even when using the quick moderating checkboxes to delete the redirect notice, it also deletes the topic that was moved.

Also, from what I can see, running the scheduled task I mentioned earlier, does not delete the redirect notice either; so the only options I see are to either uncheck the redirect notice when moving a topic or if one forgets to do that, just wait out the days chosen in the redirect option for the moved notice to delete.

Kindred

the scheduled task would only remove the notices whose time period has expired, AFAIK
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on July 17, 2015, 05:26:15 PM
the scheduled task would only remove the notices whose time period has expired, AFAIK

yep exactly, if the time has not expired or a time was not set it will not remove the topic.

i tried to manually delete the move redirect topic using the quick moderation options and i had no issues, the topic it redirects to still exists.

are you trying to "view" the redirect topic and then deleting it? if so make sure you are not on the topic that was moved. you cannot actually view the redirection topic to delete it from within the topic.

br360

Quote from: Illori on July 17, 2015, 05:31:33 PM
are you trying to "view" the redirect topic and then deleting it? if so make sure you are not on the topic that was moved. you cannot actually view the redirection topic to delete it from within the topic.

I am deleting the "moved:topic name" notice from the old board- not the topic that has been moved to the new board I want it to. It's when I delete the notice topic from the old board that the new topic gets deleted.

Illori

when i try to do that, the topic on the second board does not get deleted.

you are using the quick moderation options on the message index to remove the MOVED: topic?

br360

Ok, so I just tried it again and it worked. I created a new topic in board one. Moved it to board two, then went back to board one, deleted the moved notice topic there with quick moderation and it deleted that topic only- leaving the newly moved topic in board two in tact.

Not sure what I did different or how it worked properly this time, but I promise that I am not that crazy- and I had tried to delete moved topics before with quick moderation- and it did delete both topics.  :o

Weird.

margarett

Nah. You're weird that's all ;D
* margarett goes to sleep and be right back ;D
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: