News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error when trying to import database to new host

Started by peps1, July 17, 2015, 11:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peps1

Quote from: Illori on July 18, 2015, 09:42:52 AM
do you have language files that are not updated? the copyright year for 2.0.10 should show up as 2014 not 2013.

I don't know how to check that, but would assume they would be as everything was just overwritten smf_2-0-10_upgrade

Quote from: Illori on July 18, 2015, 09:42:52 AM
is your path to the default theme correct when you ran repair_settings.php?

There was no box asking for path to the default theme, just these ones:

(put all the files on the root now, rather then in a /folders directory to see if that would help.....but no.

Illori

below that should have a similar section with fields to correct for themes... i dont know why it would be missing.

Kindred

because you have to SAVE the first time and the RE-RUN repair_settings.php to update the themes and some of the other fields
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Unfortunately we have seen this happening some times with "strange" themes configurations. That's why you don't see themes settings, your database settings for themes are kinda borked.
We could never understand how does it get to that situation, but you probably have no default theme folder or you don't have a theme with ID = 1.

You need to edit upgrade.php and add this code:
//Lets overwrite the theme data because it can be wrong...
global $modSettings, $upcontext, $boarddir, $boardurl;
if (!isset($modSettings['theme_dir']) || (isset($modSettings['theme_dir']) && !file_exists($modSettings['theme_dir'] . '/languages/Install.' . $upcontext['language'] . '.php'))) //Wrong themes dir. Duh!
{
$modSettings['theme_dir'] = $boarddir . '/Themes/default';
$modSettings['images_url'] = $boardurl . 'Themes/default/images';
$modSettings['theme_url'] = $boardurl . 'Themes/default';
}

To the function loadEssentialData (add the code at the end of the function)

Then run repair_settings when the upgrade finishes (because this code will a temporary fix, not inside the database)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: