Will I be able to use the forum convert script in addition to 2.1?

Started by GreenSage, July 23, 2015, 11:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenSage

G'day everyone! Long time no see! :D :)

I was wondering if I would be able to convert (using the fluxbb converter) in addition to trying out the 2.1 beta?

Thanks!

PS: Basically, does the 2.1 beta require a fresh install, and if so, would it accept the current forum converter in place?

Antes

Upgrade works from earlier versions of SMF, you need to convert to SMF then upgrade to SMF 2.1, converters are not yet ready for SMF 2.1. Also I strongly suggest you to do test upgrade instead running SMF 2.1 on your main site.

Illori

if you want to test out 2.1 as it still in BETA, you can convert to 2.0 and upgrade to 2.1. but i would really not recommend using 2.1 on a live forum just in test until it is released completely.

the converters will need to be updated to work with 2.1.

GreenSage

Quote from: Antes on July 23, 2015, 11:36:40 AM
Upgrade works from earlier versions of SMF, you need to convert to SMF then upgrade to SMF 2.1, converters are not yet ready for SMF 2.1. Also I strongly suggest you to do test upgrade instead running SMF 2.1 on your main site.

Awesome. As always quick and fast responses here. Love you guys. It's good to be back. :)

(Transitioning today from Fluxbb back to SMF!)

Antes

.Vapor

I will test this with a new install for our clan site, from ipb.
New version looks great, just wish it didnt take you guys/gals forever to release new versions :P

Advertisement: