News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Greeny

Started by Diego Andrés, July 30, 2015, 12:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalky

I've installed Greeny on my forum this afternoon and I really like it.  The mobile navigation generally works very well.  I've a few issues however, the first one being the biggest.

1.  On the message index there is no link to the last post in each topic on mobile view.  The responsive layout doesn't play well will the quick moderation checkboxes, as you can see in my screenshot.  When you select a board from the main index, the column for "last post" has a header but the content is completely taken over by checkboxes.  HOWEVER, disabling the checkboxes for quick moderation, the "last post" column disappears completely and the topic column takes over the full width of the screen.  So when viewing the topic list within a board, there is no link to see or skip to the last post in the topic.

This is not the case when viewing "unread topics".  There is a "last post" link there that's perfect.

2.  Sidebars don't work well on mobile view as they squash all the content over to the right so that the text overlaps.  Disabling sidebars resolves the issue, but without sidebars the desktop experience can be quite clunky.  Is there a way to respect the user's sidebar setting on large screens but force disabling sidebars on mobile?

3.  From action=unread, if you scroll up and click on view unread topics in the header, the button does not reload the page but just scrolls you back down to where you already were, so if there are new unread topics you don't see them.  Can the unread link in the header be made to force a page reload?

4.  I really am nitpicking now because the mobile navigation is very sophisticated, but the menu items that have child menus, such as Admin and Profile, are not links themselves as they are in most other themes.  So instead of being able to just click on Admin from the menu and go to the Admin panel overview, you have to select one of the items from its child menu and navigate backwards from there.

5.  I have also noticed that when reading a topic on a mobile screen, the posts display the avatar of the poster but not the poster name.  Is this intentional?  I can probably figure out how to hack the name in myself but it would help to know if there's a reason why the name was omitted.

I love this theme and any help would be appreciated - thank you!

Diego Andrés

Theme updated to SMF 2.0.17

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

shadav

slight issue
btw this is a nice theme and worked perfect to edit to match my site

problem comes with the pretty url's mod
when installed none of the menus work
I could not use the menu (either frontend or admin)
front end the dropdown menu wouldn't work at all, admin the dropdown menu would dropdown but none of the "links" were clickable....

any suggestions on how to fix this? It is only this theme that seems to have this issue, all other themes installed the mod works on....

Diego Andrés

I installed the theme and mod but could not reproduce the issue.
Do you have it installed on your site? If so, could you link the theme=x link to view the forum with that theme?

shadav

after reading what you said, just installed the default greeny theme to test and still same issue

http://shadav.com/forum/

smf 2.0.17
pretty urls 2.3
greeny theme

other mods installed
Sorted Package Manager Listing
Anti-Spam Links
Optimus
Unknown Actions
Sisyphus
Custom BBCodes Manager

[edit] I set up a test account, i'll pm you the details....since you have to be logged in to see the member menu and things....

shadav

I finally figured it out....it's the scrolling-nav.js

fixed it by removing all of the instances of #forum from index.template.php
and then in scrolling-nav.js

find
    $("#forum a").not(".dd-selected, .dd-option, .bbc_link").each(function(i){
        var titulo = $(this).attr("href");
            if (this.href.indexOf("#") != -1 || this.href.indexOf("javascript") != -1)
            {
                 $(this).attr("href", titulo);   
            }
             else
            {
               $(this).attr("href", titulo + "#forum");

replace
    $("a").not(".dd-selected, .dd-option, .bbc_link").each(function(i){
        var titulo = $(this).attr("href");
            if (this.href.indexOf("#") != -1 || this.href.indexOf("javascript") != -1)
            {
            }
             else
            {

now it seems to be working

shadav

how can I add back the link to the help page in the menu?

Diego Andrés

Quote from: shadav on June 10, 2020, 08:30:06 PM
how can I add back the link to the help page in the menu?

Themes/Greeny/css/theme.css

#button_profile, #button_logout, #button_search, #button_help {
    display: none;

Replace with
#button_profile, #button_logout, #button_search {
    display: none;

shadav

thank you...figures...i was looking in the index template and confused as the code was there, never thought to look at the css

shadav

sorry...i know i'm being a hassle

checked my log errors today and had 200 pages
I thought it was a mod
Quotechecked my forum logs today and there's about 200 pages
tons of

8: Undefined index: sub_buttons
File: /Themes/default/Optimus.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)

on several lines
Line: 423
Line: 424
Line: 426

funny part is there aren't that many lines to the optimus.template.php, there's only 414 lines

any suggestions?
but after Arantor suggested that I turn off template eval
it appears to be the theme
hm ok...
now it says
8: Undefined index: sub_buttons
File: /Themes/SN/index.template.php

here's lines 420 - 434
foreach ($context['menu_buttons'] as $act => $button)
{
echo '
<li id="button_', $act, '" class="', $button['sub_buttons'] ? 'dropdown ' : '', '', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', '">
<a ', $button['sub_buttons'] ? 'class="dropdown-toggle" ' : '', 'href="', $button['sub_buttons'] ? '#' : $button['href'] . '', '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '', $button['sub_buttons'] ? ' data-toggle="dropdown"' : '', '>
', $button['title'], '
', $button['sub_buttons'] ? '<span class="caret"></span>' : '' ,'
</a>';
if (!empty($button['sub_buttons']))
{
echo '
<ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">
<li>
<a href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>', $button['title'], '</a>
</li>';

switched through other themes, and doesn't seem to produce the error so seems to be the greeny theme....so probably nothing to do with the mod....i'll go ask over in the theme support...

so well....any suggestion on how to fix this and stop flooding my error logs?

[edit]
so Arantor suggested this and it at least stopped the flooding of my error logs
After the opening { of that section (so, what would be between the { and the echo) add this:

if (empty($button['sub_buttons']))
$button['sub_buttons'] = [];

Yes it's a theme bug but this will get you an empty error log :)

Diego Andrés

Do you have multiple lines for this error, or just one in particular?

shadav

multiple lines
i didn't go through the 200 pages but I saw these 3 lines
Line: 423
Line: 424
Line: 426

Diego Andrés

Replace every $button['sub_buttons'] ?

With
!empty($button['sub_buttons']) ?

shadav

that seems to have fixed it  :)

shadav

well...it seems that when I fixed the compatibility issue with pretty urls i broke the toTop button....

any suggestions on fixing it?

Advertisement: