No Membergroup Titles in Mobile View...and a Coupe of Small Typos in 2.1 Beta 2

Started by br360, August 05, 2015, 04:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

I was just checking out my 2.1 Beta 2 test site on my mobile. First of all, I am very impressed with it and think you guys did a fantastic job with the responsive layout. Looks great. The one issue I had though is that when reading posts in a thread, I noticed that the membergroups aren't visible. Not a big deal with post count groups, but in my opinion; groups like admin, global mod, etc. probably should be visible under that user's name in posts.

If there is a thread getting heated, or a member is causing issues, and an admin or mod posts a reply, nobody (especially new members) may know that the person trying to deal with the issue is a mod or admin. To help avoid confusion and possible issues down the road, could this be something that could be added?

Here is a screenshot- (there's just nothing allowing members to know that the person posting is a mod or admin)

Also, and on a smaller note, I noticed a couple of small typos in the notifications page in the admin panel. (didn't really think I should create a new topic about it, but wanted to give a head's up)

First one should be "When a reply is made to my unapproved topic" (instead of an reply) and the second one should be- "When other members add me as their buddy (instead of adds)

Antes

You can expect more work on there soon. Let me know which items you think needs to be shown on that place :)

br360

The title of the membergroup to me would be the important one. Anything else would probably be just personal preference, or ways to make that area look cooler.

So for an example; having the member's avatar to the left, and then maybe the online/offline indicator smaller and to the right of that would be pretty cool- but not something completely important.

Post count and maybe even profile fields would be kind of cool as well, but that would probably  take up a lot of space, so not sure how that would be doable in an aesthetic kind of way.

Dylert

Yes, the avatar should be there on the left side! And maybe number of posts?

Illori

Quote from: Dylert on August 05, 2015, 07:01:01 PM
Yes, the avatar should be there on the left side! And maybe number of posts?

i dont think the avatar should be present in the responsive/mobile view. do you really want a tiny avatar that you will almost not be able to make out present and taking up space that could be used for other things?

live627

Kindred

Personally, I do not think that the avatar belongs on the mobile view....

group title/badge, I can see... avatar would be out of place, and just clutters up the view, IMO
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

br360

Awesome job. Looks great. You added a lot of stuff, and in my opinion, doesn't look cluttered at all. :)

***Edit- I guess the only small issue is that the words in the subject line look kind of crunched together when someone is posting a long title-

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

The words of the subject of the thread, yes. However, the new things that were added (imo) look great and adds to a pretty enjoyable mobile experience. Things are spaced well, and I don't think take up too much area.  Have you had a chance to test the changes on a site yourself yet?

Antes

Quote from: br360 on August 06, 2015, 02:31:38 PM
The words of the subject of the thread, yes. However, the new things that were added (imo) look great and adds to a pretty enjoyable mobile experience. Things are spaced well, and I don't think take up too much area.  Have you had a chance to test the changes on a site yourself yet?

It won't be problem on sites has basic stuff around. But RP sites or gaming sites which has heavy usage of profile fields will look bit weird/broken. Still needs testing...

Kindred

yeah... I looked at it.   I don't like the avatar in the mobile view....   :(
Слaва
Украинi

Dylert

When I read a post in my forum, I just look at the avatar and I know who has written the post. I don't read the username, I simply look at the avatar. Of course, sometimes I have to read the username, because I don't know each and every avatar, but quite a lot.

As mentioned above, the avatar should be there also in mobile view! Anyway if the avatar can be visible with some minor changes in the responsive.css file, it should be ok. And maybe there will a mod for this in the future? Who knows?

Illori

when considering having the avatar in the mobile view you have to think of those that have larger or odd size avatars, how well will they scale? some may end up so small that you cant even tell what the avatar is to make it worth it.

Kindred

Quote from: Dylert on August 06, 2015, 04:28:07 PM
As mentioned above, the avatar should be there also in mobile view!

and, I happen to disagree. :P  I really think it looks bad -- plus the point that Illori brings up.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: