News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Will SMF 2.1 Install into an updated CentOS 6.5 system ?

Started by aegersz, August 11, 2015, 04:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

uname -a:

Linux forum.drugs-and-users.org 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Dec 13 13:06:13 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Webmin:

Operating system is CentOS Linux 6.7

Kernel and CPU is Linux 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.x86_64 on x86_64

i think i tried it already and it complained about php but i cannot remember.

please, can i install a fresh copy on my old revamped CentOS 6.5 system ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

knowing what php and mysql versions are being used would be more helpful then you telling us the kernel.

aegersz

of course, here ther are:

php.x86_64                                                              5.3.3-46.el6_6
mysql.x86_64                                                           5.1.73-5.el6_6
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

Quote from: Oldiesmann on July 16, 2015, 05:45:30 PM

Please remember that the minimum requirements of SMF have been increased to PHP 5.3.8+ and MySQL 5.0.3+ or PostgresSQL 8.0+. Servers running a lower version of either will not be able to run SMF 2.1 and we do not intend to support them. If you have a server running an older version, you can either upgrade your server software or stay at an older version of SMF.

so the answer is no unless you get a higher php version.

aegersz

good job, my man. i don't want to move away from CentOS 6.x so i will see if they are able to be installed on it.

thanks for the trouble but i suspected as such.

Oldiesmann

Not sure if this applies to 6.5 as well, but it might...

Quote from: 青山 素子 on July 17, 2015, 05:17:48 PM
Great to see.

If you're still using RHEL 6 or CentOS 6, you can use the php54, php55u, or php56u packages from the IUS Community repository. If you're using RHEL 5 or CentOS 5, there are also php54 packages at the same, but you really should be looking to update your core OS soon.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

aegersz

i won't be moving to CentOS 7 because i had problems with it.

I also like the stability on Rel. 6.

but thanks alot !

Oldiesmann

Where did I suggest you upgrade to CentOS 7? I was just giving you a possible source for updated PHP packages for CentOS 6.5...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

aegersz

Quote from: Oldiesmann on August 12, 2015, 10:47:11 AM
Where did I suggest you upgrade to CentOS 7? I was just giving you a possible source for updated PHP packages for CentOS 6.5...

my mistake, sorry. yes, there i go again, making unwarranted assumptions.

aegersz

i screwed up my yum.repos.d but restored it with rsync -zpaAXv /RSYNC/etc/yum.repos.d/ /etc/yum.repos.d/

i have not used the IUS Community repository because i'm struggling with the commands ... i managed a half-assed system that died because my mcrypt was 5.3 etc. but restored my repos. so i'm cool to try again.

could anyone please be more specific ? better yet, what commands am i looking at ?

Illori

if you want further help with your OS you should go to a support forum for your OS.

aegersz

i need to enable additional repositories and install php 5.4+ and all that goes with it.

someone on CentOS 6.7 must've done this, no ?

Illori

they might have, but we dont support the OS or server configuration here. you would get better help on a forum specific to your OS.

Advertisement: