News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Index.php redirect

Started by Low, August 13, 2015, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Well, I just restored your deleted post, right up near the top, in which you actually did (sort of) explain your point better.... Not sure why you deleted it, aside for, the incorrect dig at SMF's seo...

And, actually, to address the other post...   Actually, it IS my business,mince you seem to have a mistaken understanding of seo, and if someone just handed you what you seemed to be asking for, without getting clarification, you would be back here in a week complaining that what you were told tomdo screwed up your site.
Seriously, there is a REASON that we ask questions and clarifications... Because 90% of the time, what the user THINKS he/she "needs to do" is completely incorrect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Low

Kindred, a few users have pointed out your attitude in replying to ANYONE wanting to slightly modify their forum. You can't stop people customizing SMF.

Why restore a post that I had the right to delete? Says it all really.

Kindred

I don't have attitude toward people modifying their forums... heck, I have several customized sites myself.

What you call an attitude is merely the voice voice of experience trying to determine whether the requested (sometimes demanded) change is,actually a good idea, or even needed.  Most if the time, people like you demand things which are not needed, not useful and often would have have a negative impact. I would be remiss to just hand them a code change without investigating their actual reasoning amd pointing out when something is a good idea, bad idea or a pointless idea.

The "attitude" comes from folks like you when when you don't get handed your desires on a silver platter.

Case in point, what you are asking for is not needed, and overall pointless. .. and might actually have a negative impact.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Low

Quote"people like you", "folks like you",
assuming you mean people who want to customize their forums?

Quote"what you are asking for is not needed, and overall pointless. .. and might actually have a negative impact."
So, you think me wanting to have the correct URL to my home page (the URL which is stated in the canonical tag, and the URL on the HOME button) indexed in Google is a bad thing? Having duplicate content (found on 3 URL's) on Google is a good thing?

You must be getting your SEO knowledge from a different source to me.

Kindred

Boy, you just don't get it...   It's not that you want to customize your forum. Get over that... And stop,playing the victim, because you certainly are not...     You are rude and demanding -- and are mistaken in how the systems work on top of all that.

There is no seo penalty, because the canonical tag handles it...   For all intents, the root and index.php are the same

And trying to put a 301 in place is likely to screw things up, as I have said several times.
Слaва
Украинi

Low

Must have hit a nerve. Perhaps in the future you should read the OP and stop assuming you know what's best for everyone, because you don't. You are really rude the way you approach members of this forum who don't tiptoe around you.

Do what you have to do but you're going back on my ignore list. I'm sure you'll change that though  ;D

Illori

so maybe we should put you on our ignore list too...

how about we go ahead and lock this topic as you are going no where with it.

Advertisement: