Upgrade from 2.0.10 to 2.1

Started by Jeremy M., August 18, 2015, 09:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy M.

Can we upgrade to 2.1 without wiping out everything and resetting the entire forum?

JBlaze

You can, yes. But it is highly discouraged to run 2.1 on a production site unless you really know what you're doing.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Jeremy M.

Quote from: zilladotexe on August 18, 2015, 09:12:26 PM
You can, yes. But it is highly discouraged to run 2.1 on a production site unless you [t]really[/i] know what you're doing.

All i can do is make a backup of my site and try :)   I'm willing to take the risk if someone would point me into the right direction :)

Kindred

Sorry, but if you have to ask that question, then you are definitely NOT the correct audience to use a beta version.....   I recommend that you stick with 2.0.x until 2.1 is at least RC
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on August 18, 2015, 09:43:07 PM
Sorry, but if you have to ask that question, then you are definitely NOT the correct audience to use a beta version.....   I recommend that you stick with 2.0.x until 2.1 is at least RC

That's what BACK UPS are for! 

Ronald_1938

Quote from: StormChaser83 on August 18, 2015, 10:08:22 PM
Quote from: Kindred on August 18, 2015, 09:43:07 PM

That's what BACK UPS are for!

I upgraded one, turned out OK, some mod.'s don't work..

Jeremy M.

Upgrade Successful!  I did it on my own!!!!!!!!!!!  Lost mods and my themes, but that's ok. . I backed them up!

Kindred

upgrades between versions will always lose mods and themes.... and 2.0 themes will not work with 2.1 -- and most mods will not either.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on August 19, 2015, 06:12:24 AM
upgrades between versions will always lose mods and themes.... and 2.0 themes will not work with 2.1 -- and most mods will not either.

Heck, I can deal with that :)  It was time for a new theme anyway :)

Ronald_1938

Kindred and the others are correct, your best to wait until the final release..

I did the upgrade on the non active board.. Nothing works, but you can get some of the mod's to function..

I like it a lot, am waiting for the release, but loads of works yet..hopefully it'll be out soon..

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Oldcrow on August 19, 2015, 08:02:59 AM

I did the upgrade on the non active board.. Nothing works, but you can get some of the mod's to function..

I like it a lot, am waiting for the release, but loads of works yet..hopefully it'll be out soon..

Yeah and i notice there aren't any themes out for it either. . It looks good. . I'm going back to 2.0.10 though :) 

Jeremy M.

Quote from: StormChaser83 on August 19, 2015, 08:06:57 AM
Quote from: Oldcrow on August 19, 2015, 08:02:59 AM

Yeah and i notice there aren't any themes out for it either. . It looks good. . I'm going back to 2.0.10 though :)

Well, i screwed it up. . lol. . . I can't get it to go back to 2.0.10

Ronald_1938

Thats what happens when you don't listen to these guys.. They do warn you not to use it on a active board..

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: StormChaser83 on August 19, 2015, 09:05:06 AM

Your database has been converted to 2.1, and cannot be used with a 2.0.10 install.  You did do a backup before upgrading ......... didn't you?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

JBlaze

Once you convert to 2.1, there's no rolling it back to 2.0. Unless you made a database backup that you can restore, you are stuck with using 2.1.

There were many warnings informing you of this before you downloaded AND before upgrading.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Krash on August 19, 2015, 01:18:39 PM
Quote from: StormChaser83 on August 19, 2015, 09:05:06 AM

Your database has been converted to 2.1, and cannot be used with a 2.0.10 install.  You did do a backup before upgrading ......... didn't you?

Yep, i made a FULL Backup using my cPanel.

Kindred

so, you are going to have to RESTORE your backup... both files AND database  (they are two separate things)
Слaва
Украинi

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on August 19, 2015, 03:04:38 PM
so, you are going to have to RESTORE your backup... both files AND database  (they are two separate things)

I'll have to have my hosting support do that for me, because I don't know how.

Kindred

highlighting yet again, the reason we told you not to do it...
Слaва
Украинi

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on August 19, 2015, 03:06:51 PM
highlighting yet again, the reason we told you not to do it...

This is how we learn, and i was smart enough to create a full backup........As of right now, i did successfully upload the database. Currently uploading the FTP files now.

Advertisement: