Error on load.php line 91

Started by yfleury, August 19, 2015, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfleury

I have a fresh install of smf 2.1 and I have this error

Type of error: General
htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]:
Invalid multibyte sequence in argument

File: /home/quebecp/public_html/calculmapensionpointca/smf/Sources/Load.php
Line: 91

I have missing something?
SMF 2.0.6

JBlaze

I've seen this error before, and usually it's due to an ISO/UTF-8 conflict. However, I don't believe that a particular cause for it has been discovered yet.

Since installing, what exactly have you added/modified? Have you installed any languages? Made any modifications via FTP?
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

yfleury

It's a fresh install.
Just unzip by server and start installing and after install, I login and error appear 2 time for each page loaded.

SMF 2.0.6

JBlaze

Are you using the same server to host a SMF 2.0 install, and is it getting the same errors? I'm trying to see if this is due to a server misconfiguration, or just bad files.
Jason Clemons

yfleury

I use ftp to upload smf_2-1_beta2_install.zip to the web server. I use Cpanel to unzip it directly to smf folder on web server.

I don't know if can be usefull for you, but I will PM you info for login as admin to my smf.
SMF 2.0.6

Jade Elizabeth

You might want to try using ftp to upload the files, or at least to compare them to see if there are differences between the zip and the ones there :). Perhaps the zip didn't extract right or something?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

yfleury

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on August 20, 2015, 06:38:24 AM
You might want to try using ftp to upload the files, or at least to compare them to see if there are differences between the zip and the ones there :). Perhaps the zip didn't extract right or something?

I will check it tonight
SMF 2.0.6

yfleury

Ok I unzip smf_2-1_beta2_install.zip in a new folder on my laptop.
I upload the load.php (windows 1252) to the web server by ftp: no change, same error.
I upload the load.php (UTF8) to the web server by ftp: no change, same error.
SMF 2.0.6

Kindred

strange -- I just loaded the build from last night onto my test site and can not cause this to happen for me.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

Looking at the code, it has to do with a utf8mb4 fix. Although, I don't see where exactly or how this error can be reproduced.

I'll have to comb through it tonight as I'm still re-learning my way through the 2.1 codebase.
Jason Clemons

live627

Seems like he is using the release from this site which doesn't have the utf8mb4 fix.

yfleury

SMF 2.0.6

JBlaze

Quote from: live627 on August 20, 2015, 07:25:29 PM
Seems like he is using the release from this site which doesn't have the utf8mb4 fix.
Quote from: yfleury on August 20, 2015, 07:27:45 PM
I download it from here
http://download.simplemachines.org/

That would make sense then.
Jason Clemons

live627

May I have a link to your site?

yfleury

SMF 2.0.6

JBlaze

Aha, line 91 of the site release is
'htmlspecialchars' => function ($string, $quote_style = ENT_COMPAT, $charset = 'ISO-8859-1') use ($ent_check, $utf8)
{
return $ent_check(htmlspecialchars($string, $quote_style, $utf8 ? 'UTF-8' : $charset));
},
Jason Clemons

yfleury

This mine
'htmlspecialchars' => function ($string, $quote_style = ENT_COMPAT, $charset = 'ISO-8859-1') use ($ent_check, $utf8)
{
return $ent_check(htmlspecialchars($string, $quote_style, $utf8 ? 'UTF-8' : $charset));
},
SMF 2.0.6

yfleury

SMF 2.0.6

Kindred

download a new copy of the nightly build from GitHub
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

yfleury

SMF 2.0.6

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

JBlaze

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2015, 12:24:22 PM
Why does no one read the sticky posts?

Why do you have to be such a grumpy old git? :P
Jason Clemons

Kindred

HEY!  that was not grumpy... :P  that was snarky...:D   and only a little bit, because I did also give him the infornation
Слaва
Украинi

yfleury

I just put load.php from the github to my web server and same problem. Just the line number was change

2: htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument

File: /home/quebecp/public_html/calculmapensionpointca/smf/Sources/Load.php
Line: 117
SMF 2.0.6

Kindred

no... you can't just load ONE file...   you need to overwrite everything with the entire set of files from GitHub..
Слaва
Украинi

yfleury

I change only the load.PHP nothing else
SMF 2.0.6

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2015, 01:20:32 PM
no... you can't just load ONE file...   you need to overwrite everything with the entire set of files from GitHub..
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: