News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Package Question

Started by XxRedxNeckxX, September 10, 2015, 05:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxRedxNeckxX

I am trying to uninstall a package ( Download System ), Buts its advising me NOT to because of errors. Anybody have any ideas how approach this issue. I have done this before and it screwed up my whole forum. Any info would be great. Thanks guys

margarett

Yes, you SHOULDN'T install MODs with errors.
Manual Installation of Mods should give you some hints.

Basically, you need to check the installation instructions of the MOD and try to understand why is the operation(s) failing. If you do, you can then install the MOD with errors and proceed to apply the failed operations manually.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

XxRedxNeckxX

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2015, 05:45:34 AM
Yes, you SHOULDN'T install MODs with errors.
Manual Installation of Mods should give you some hints.

Basically, you need to check the installation instructions of the MOD and try to understand why is the operation(s) failing. If you do, you can then install the MOD with errors and proceed to apply the failed operations manually.
Well when i installed it, It was fine. When i went to uninstall it that's when i started to have error problems

Illori

it is the same process, just in reverse. which file has the fail on it? if you attach the file maybe someone would be willing to edit it to remove the mod for you. then you can uninstall the mod and put the new file in place.

margarett

Just noticed that you posted in "Help Wanted" board. If you are looking for someone to do it for you (as it usually happens with requests in this board) you need to specify whether it is a free or paid request.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=5417.0

If you just want help to fix the issue then let us know so that we move the topic to another location.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

XxRedxNeckxX

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2015, 06:28:20 AM
Just noticed that you posted in "Help Wanted" board. If you are looking for someone to do it for you (as it usually happens with requests in this board) you need to specify whether it is a free or paid request.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=5417.0

If you just want help to fix the issue then let us know so that we move the topic to another location.

Never mind i will go, else where for help....

margarett

Now you got me lost. What's wrong with our help? :o

Irisado

Moved to 2.0.x Support, as this seems to be a support rather than a help wanted request.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: