News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Likes

Started by Elf_Ears, September 13, 2015, 06:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf_Ears

I would like (*heh*) to see the likes system be more extendable (IE. like xenforo's system),  where you can add your own types of post ratings with their own icons.
I think this would be far more content oriented and would help make forums built on smf more unique from one and other.

Kindred

Well, since smf does not currently have likes, you must be talking about the mod...  If so, then ask the mod author.

If you are talking about the likes system from 2.1 beta, then, probably not...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

I think you are talking about a facepunch add-on which doesn't come standard in xenforo either. Xenforo has just the standard "like" as does smf 2.1

There is a facepunch mod available for smf, but it isn't free either. I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but search the smfpacks site for the mod you are describing.

Elf_Ears

Quote from: Kindred on September 13, 2015, 08:07:03 PM
Well, since smf does not currently have likes, you must be talking about the mod...  If so, then ask the mod author.

If you are talking about the likes system from 2.1 beta, then, probably not...

Just to clarify, yes I was talking about 2.1

Thank you for your help

Ps. I'd be willing to chip in to the project if that would help with further development of the software as a whole

RICH BEAST

Illori

why would you use that mod when 2.1 has likes by default?

Kindred

Quote from: Elf_Ears on September 14, 2015, 05:36:11 AM
Ps. I'd be willing to chip in to the project if that would help with further development of the software as a whole

Well, we always appreciate donations. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: