News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to lock boards?

Started by Southclaw, September 21, 2015, 04:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southclaw

I have two boards. I need to make admins only post topics there. I spent almost 3 hours for this and i dont find any result. Please help me.

margarett

Apply a "Read Only" permission profile to these boards, it's the same as in 2.0.x ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

are you actually using 2.1? not that it matters in the reply the same fix applies if you are using 2.0 or 2.1.

Jade Elizabeth

Also if you would like your members to be able to reply, you should set it to reply only, read only will stop them replying as well :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

aegersz

i use a mod and it's great. it lives at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2873

to make this fit for my site (your install may well be smoother) :

* I set the Package Manager Advanced: SMF Level to 2.0.1 (normally SMF 2.0.11 for me).
   then after the install just close the tab/browser and it should revert back to SMF 2.0.11 or whatever yours is.

* I made a manual change to Sources/Load.php: b.id_theme, b.override_theme, b.count_posts, b.id_profile, b.redirect
   by adding , b.passwd.

* I realigned the target in Sources/Subs-Boards.php

* I installed the mod.

... and now it's on and it works.

fyi, i have a special women's only board for the ladies' exclusive use. they love it and the guys can't mess up their board, topics or posts.

the mod comes highly recommended by myself despite being a bugger to install (in my case).
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

aegersz

no mod needed to so what the OP asked.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

oh dear. sorry. still, it's a good mod  ::) :)

i also tried this : Administration Center » Permissions » Board Permissions » [Edit All] > Read Only.

thanks, i learned something.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: