News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Started by acey99, September 23, 2015, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acey99

Installed 2.0.11 on Fedora 20I can't register account, Captcha doesn't work.

Can't log the admin user out.

If I Create an account manually the account can't log in

I realize there may be a post similar to this, but I don't want to dig through months/years of posts to find the solution.

Please help.

Kindred

well, first of all... welcome to SMF

second... however, starting off your first post with a comment that basically breaks down to "I could look, but I am feeling lazy - I'd rather have you folks do all the work" is not an auspicious start....  We actually appreciate it when people do some research rather than assuming we have all the answers on the tip of our fingers... (because we don't)

Third... You are going to have to give us a little bit more information if you want help.
OS should not matter....   
You were able to successfully install?
What happens when you try to log out with the admin account?
what happens when you try to log in with a created account? (created how?)

What is your URL?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

acey99

Not lazy, just too much to go through.
The Problem is the install is on my local server & inaccessible to the net.
I got log in to work - sorta.

The log out does not.
My Captcha images do not work.
on the default install the installer said all was ok, didn't need any extensions installed (I have a TON of them)

My gd lib works I have other gd based images that work (case in point - jpgraph)
My Live server is a mirror of the local, I do NOT wish to install SMF to a production server in this state.

I'm at a loss here..

Kindred

well, if captcha images are missing, that suggests that the images themselves are not available...

if this test server is a duplicate of your production server, did you adjust the paths and urls to correctly point to the local server?

the inability to logout suggests a session issue...

did you use LAMPP?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

acey99

I'll look at the path for the images/captcha, but I haven't installed it on the Prod server yet.
It's LAMPP. :)

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: acey99 on September 23, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
Not lazy, just too much to go through.

OH yes it is lazy, the search tools available to you here function quite well, when used, it doesn't take that damn long to look through several hundred messages when you know what you are looking for, you don't even give it a try...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

Acey,

I am not sure how much we can help with a local installation...   almost every time I have heard about login/logout issues, it has been due to session issues and some misconfiguration of the server... but without actually seeing the issue and being able to test, I am not sure what we can do....

You can TRY deleting your cookie on your local browser, changing the cookie name (in the admin tool or directly in Settings.php and truncating the smf_log_sessions table in the database

then try logging in and then out again...
Слaва
Украинi

acey99

I think I'll find a BB that actually works.

Kindred

well, you do what you have to...   However, SMF seems to work just fine on everyone else's site(s)....
with millions of installations - including many local test setups no one seems to have had the same issue.. I am not saying that you don't have an issue -- since you obviously do... but without being able to get into the site and debug, there is very little help we can provide to you other than the suggestions we have already tried
Слaва
Украинi

Steve

In addition to Kindred's comments, you'll be hard pressed to find a more secure one. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Steve on September 29, 2015, 01:56:10 PM
In addition to Kindred's comments, you'll be hard pressed to find a more secure one. :)

Not to mention flexibility, with many other bb platforms you are stuck with a rigid set of options that you can't modify or add to so easily as you can with SMF, yay open source!
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: