News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to use group moderation on an external page

Started by Alanar, September 24, 2015, 11:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alanar

Hello. I'm wondering if there is an easier way to allow membergroup moderators to change users' membergroups on an externally created page rather than essentially recreating the moderation page.

I'm working on making a tool to simplify some processes we have for moving members from one membergroup to the next while using an external database to show many other bits of information on them that we use. I don't want to make the vast majority of our membergroups into admin assignable ones only just to use the addMembersToGroup function since group moderators still don't technically have the permissions to change membergroups to use that function.

Is there something that I'm missing which could make this easier?

Alanar

After reviewing how the permission to manage membergroups works, I definitely can't just give certain people the permission because it allows them free reign for all membergroups and to modify board access too. I definitely need to be able to use membergroup moderators if I want to accomplish this task.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I just need to know which functions accomplish this in the moderation center and how to replicate that on an external page.

Alanar

Apparently I just wasn't using the permission check correctly. Fixed it myself. :)

Advertisement: