News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.13 restore issue?

Started by WizardX, February 15, 2017, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardX

Greetings All. I find myself here after a major conundrum with the SMF 2.0.13 database issue?

Okay, from the top.

(1) A SMF 2.0.13 database issue occurred last week.
(1a) I renamed folders /forum/ to /renaissance/

(2) I decided to install the new smf_2-1_beta2 and all went well.

(3) As per the instructions at "How to upload a fresh set of files", I deleted the Sources and Themes folders in renaissance, downloaded smf_2-0-13_upgrade.zip,

extracted Sources and Themes to the renaissance folder.

(4) Using the SMF 2.0 Settings Repair Tool, I corrected the MYSQL and paths.

However, below is the result.

QuoteSMF 2.0 Settings Repair Tool.

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /renaissance/repair_settings.php on line 462

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /renaissance/repair_settings.php on line 470

Warning: mysql_fetch_row() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /renaissance/repair_settings.php on line 485

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /renaissance/repair_settings.php on line 487

Save settings.

Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /renaissance/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /renaissance/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

Going to /renaissance/

SELECT command denied to user 'dbacollect'@'97.74.215.52' for table 'smf2_settings'

I want the old SMF 2.0.13 up again as a reference.

Advice and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kindred

If you have converted to 2.1, and you do not have a backup of your 2.0.13 installation, then you are out of luck... you can't go back. They have different database stuctures

(and I will note that beta 2 is seriously buggy and outdated at this point.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

WizardX

The SMF 2.0.13 has database dbacollect. The SMF 2.1 was created on a new database. Both databases are backed up.

So, I renamed /forum/ SMF 2.0.13 folder to /renaissance/

...then created a new folder /forum/ for SMF 2.1 and new database.

WizardX

After researching on the Community Forum, I found this post which is similar to my issue.

QuoteProblem moving forum to new host. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517458.msg3669256#msg3669256

Although the repair_settings report was telling me the Board had been upgraded to SMF v.2, I finally saw, looking at the settings table, that the database was showing it to still be v.1. As I had nothing to lose, I tried the applying the upgrade again (this time I used 2.0.9 files) and it fixed everything!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517458.msg3769794#msg3769794

I've tested the MYSQL database with phpMyAdmin and all is fine. Now, I have a full zip backup of SMF 2.0.12.

If I extract into a folder named "smfreload", and use smf_2-0-13_upgrade, running both the SMF 2.0 Settings Repair Tool and upgrade.php - WILL THIS CORRECT THE FORUM ISSUE?

Also is there a php script that will access the database, show the categories, and the posts/data in those categories when you click on it?

Something like this?

<?php
//Sample Database Connection Syntax for PHP and MySQL.
//Connect To Database
$hostname="your_hostname";
$username="your_dbusername";
$password="your_dbpassword";
$dbname="your_dbusername";
$usertable="smf_";
$yourfield "your_field";
mysql_connect($hostname,$username$password) or die ("<html><script
language='JavaScript'>alert('Unable to connect to database! Please tr
y again later.'),history.go(-1)</script></html>"
);
mysql_select_db($dbname);