After moving to another Server the forum looks quiet wierd.

Started by DarkTexas, September 26, 2015, 04:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

The error you previously reported is from the social login modification.
You can attempt to fix the issue with that one mod to see if it's related.

Failing that (or if you don't know how to do that)...
Last time you had this issue it was resolved by applying the SMF large upgrade package (to remove all modification file edits).
Why don't you try going through the same process as last time?
Remember to use the repair tool to remove all hooks directly after using the upgrade package.
Then install the latest compatible mods.
It's a pain in the arse due to the amount of mods you use but it will omit any issue caused by a mod.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

DarkTexas

The problem is, reinstalling the whole board every 2 years is kinda annoying. As you already said, having a lot of mods and changes on the board won't make this easier, it's a pain in the ass..

Im trying to find a solution without reinstalling this whole stuff..

The main problem here is, it's a clan website, our memberd are already pissed about this because they actually want to use the forum, with the design and mods. Changing everything a while is contraproductive :(

DarkTexas

Additional Information:

When navigating to the Modfication Settings, there's also not all Mods listed, just a few. When trying to use the direct Path (e.g. https://gljclan.com/index.php?action=admin;area=regcenter;sa=agreement) it says "The page gljclan.com does not work", happening to like 50% of the Mods.

Same for the Stats Center, https://gljclan.com/index.php?action=stats - I can not open it.

Something here goes completely wrong now..

Chen Zhen

Something is awry with your DNS settings.
If I do a DNS test, it passes (look at ADVANCED):
http://dnscheck.pingdom.com/?domain=gljclan.com

.. but if I do a reverse DNS test on your host name, it resolves to an IP that is not in your DNS configuration:
https://www.debouncer.com/reverse-dns-check

After moving to the new server did you contact the Registrar & give the proper new IP address(es)?
Did the new host configure the DNS settings properly?

I should be able to access your site via the IP, but I can not so I know something is wrong.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

DarkTexas

You can not use the IP because it's managed via Plesk, and the IP is not the Webdir for the domain. That's normal

Kindred

there is something definitely wring with your setup...

I have been running one site for 10 years now, including several server changes and the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 and then to 2.0

and I have never had the issues that you are seeing...

So...  the issue right now is that messages appear blank... yes?
The main reason that happens is because the messages table is not complete...

the second reason that may happen is becuse your display or display.template files are borked.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chen Zhen

Quote...When navigating to the Modfication Settings, there's also not all Mods listed...

Perhaps you accidentally removed hooks from the settings table ie. via the repair settings link (bottom right in its template).
The mods that applied manual edits will show if you copied those files over from the old host but the mods that use hooks will not if you deleted those settings by mistake.

.. but that would not explain your stats not working or a few other things.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

DarkTexas

Beeing honest, i don't what to do anymore lol

Quote from: Kindred on February 16, 2017, 12:21:36 PM
there is something definitely wring with your setup...

I have been running one site for 10 years now, including several server changes and the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 and then to 2.0

and I have never had the issues that you are seeing...

So...  the issue right now is that messages appear blank... yes?
The main reason that happens is because the messages table is not complete...

the second reason that may happen is becuse your display or display.template files are borked.
Quote from: Chen Zhen on February 16, 2017, 12:29:40 PM
Quote...When navigating to the Modfication Settings, there's also not all Mods listed...

Perhaps you accidentally removed hooks from the settings table ie. via the repair settings link (bottom right in its template).
The mods that applied manual edits will show if you copied those files over from the old host but the mods that use hooks will not if you deleted those settings by mistake.

.. but that would not explain your stats not working or a few other things.

DarkTexas

Folks, I'm having some Updates.

I have tried, testwise to use a Design I had installed but never used to install a mod on. When using this Theme it works. All Posts are loading proberly.

The Stats Page is still not loading...

Does this Info Help?? @Kindred?

Kindred

So, it works if you use a different theme?   Well, then it would appear to be a problem wihtnyour theme, and not the data....    so, use a different theme....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkTexas

Quote from: Kindred on February 16, 2017, 07:21:16 PM
So, it works if you use a different theme?   Well, then it would appear to be a problem wihtnyour theme, and not the data....    so, use a different theme....

Not even the Default Theme is working.. The Stats are not working, mods are not working..

Steve

Quote from: DarkTexas on February 16, 2017, 06:04:28 PMThe Stats Page is still not loading...

Do you have them enabled?

Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Manage and Install -> Theme settings
DO NOT pm me for support!

DarkTexas

Quote from: Steve on February 17, 2017, 09:09:04 AM
Quote from: DarkTexas on February 16, 2017, 06:04:28 PMThe Stats Page is still not loading...

Do you have them enabled?

Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Manage and Install -> Theme settings

Yes.

Illori

which stats page is not loading? is there an error or what exactly is happening?

Kindred

And what is in your error log?

Or, what is in the error.log on your server?
Слaва
Украинi

DarkTexas

After noticing this is not coming to a Point, I have decided to re-install the whole Forum.

I want to keep posts and member when doing the blank install.

How?

Advertisement: