News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Question About Login Function

Started by hack13, October 05, 2015, 10:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hack13

I was reading the wiki page about the integrated_login function, and I am a bit confused by what I read so I am just going to ask for a simple clarification.

So I am trying to write a bridge with a custom software I have written, basically wondering does that login function create the user if one doesn't already exist, or do I need to prompt a if user exist before trying to hand it over?

Kindred

Please be more clear...

are you trying to use SMF as the primary, collect user information and then pass it to another system?   if so, then you would use the hooks in the SMF code...

or

are you trying to use your system as the primary, collect user information and then pass it to SMF to have the user account created?  If so, then you would use the API code...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hack13

I apologize for not being complete in my description.

It is an existing login system, basically the users are formatted a special way. Basically a salt/hash that is how a virtual world platform saves the user data, so I need something I can have the user login with their virtual world account credentials and then I can pass a login for an account to the SMF board. Basically because I can't change how their auth data is saved without messing up the virtual world platform logging the user in, I need something I can pass and authenticate them into the forum without them having to manually create an account on the forum too. Because sadly, these days most users that I deal with do not like or rather have issues if they have more then one login for the same service. So I am trying to create this integration.

Thanks in advance

Kindred

so - you would want to use the API...   but you still have to pass the username and password, AFAIK
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: