News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mark all messages as Read for new members

Started by w4rkr4f7, September 30, 2015, 07:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w4rkr4f7

Hi,is possible to automatically Mark all messages as Read for newly registered members ? using smf 2.1 of course 

Kindred

why would anyone want to do that?

Anyway... if you really want to do it, you would have to insert the "mark-all-read" code into the registration stream...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

w4rkr4f7

Oldiesmann

It's not a simple task. It involves copying code from other parts of SMF and modifying it to work for a specific user rather than the "current" user. This would add well over 100 lines of code, and you'd have several more queries being run at registration.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

w4rkr4f7

Ok ,I will try to add function myself but I'm opened at any suggestion

w4rkr4f7

Well ,I cannot do it myself ... Any help will be appreciated , thank you

Kindred

well, since 2.1 is still in beta - we're not going to be spending any time doing custom code work - since it is more important to get the core code ready...

and, as Oldiesmann said:  it's not a simple task...

my original question remains:  WHY would anyone want to do that?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

w4rkr4f7

ok, I will wait for full release maybe someone will figure out how to do it

Advertisement: