Started by Marty Feldman, September 30, 2015, 01:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Feldman

Hello All,

I am Martin and first of all, thanks for creating SMF and allow me and my friends to have a Forum for free.

I have a question (I used the "search" function but without chance, first): how is it possible the avatar image to disappear completely, even the one in gray of the picture attached (I selected "no avatar" but the picture appears in any case)?

The "guest" Simple Machines does not have the avatar and this is exactly what I would like to obtain.

Thanks in advance for the people who will answer.

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org ;)
Remember that 2.1 is in development and in beta state so don't use it in a live site.

About your request: are you talking about showing NO avatars at all (eg, even if a user chooses one, it isn't shown) or not showing the "default" image that SMF puts when you don't have a defined avatar?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Marty Feldman

Hello Margarett, thanks for replying so fast! ;)

The second one you wrote.

I would like that when "no avatar" is selected nothing appears, even the default one of SMF in gray.

I thought it was possible cause the welcome message of Simple Machines does not have it.

If a user would like to have an avatar, he has to be able to have one.

As for the 2.1,you are right: for the time being we are using 2.0.10 in our site but I am doing some tests to be prepared when 2.1 will be released.

Thank you very much.

;)

margarett

2.1 introduced a default avatar and there is no option to change that. You can do it on the code but please remember that all of this will be gone when you update. You can keep this as a reference for future changes
Load.php, find and remove
// Right... no avatar...use the default one
else
$image = $modSettings['avatar_url'] . '/default.png';

QuoteI thought it was possible cause the welcome message of Simple Machines does not have it.
It's a post by a guest, therefore no avatar ;)

Quotefor the time being we are using 2.0.10
Don't forget to update to 2.0.11 ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Marty Feldman

Thanks for all your suggestion Margarett. ;)

Perfect, this was exactly what I wanted!

;)

Advertisement: