News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum Logs Me Out

Started by Chrissy09, October 01, 2015, 12:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrissy09

I am having a problem where certain actions in admin and pages in the forum keeps logging me out, however although it is asking me to log in I am not actually logged out as if I go to a different page I am then logged in again, its like it is toggling on and off. The problem is because the admin page keeps sending me to the log in page I am unable to do the upgrade to 2.11

I have checked error pages and nothing in there points to any log in errors, I have already cleared the cache and run a forum error test and nothing shows up in either so I am now really stuck as to what I should do next.

Kindred

probably due to mod_security.

Ask your host to disable mod_security for your account -- or to properly configure it so that it doesn't reject your attempts to connect.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chrissy09

Thanks Kindred, I did that and it has not worked :-(

Kindred

wait... you asked them and they did.... and it did not work?  or you asked them and they refused?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chrissy09

I asked them and they said that they whitelisted the mod security but it didnt work

Kindred

Ok, let's break it down then...

Specifically what pages bump you out?
can you load phpinfo?
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Phpinfo%28%29_-_What's_that,_then
Слaва
Украинi

Chrissy09

The home page is fine but going into any of the categories throw me out but if i go into a post im back in, I also just discovered that i can only make replies to posts already there i cannot make new threads it throws me out again :-(

its all so weird

Thank you btw for taking the time to help i really appreciate it, i know quite a bit of techy stuff but I am really a novice compared to the knowledge that most know, so thank you

Kindred

Ok...   so, let's break it down....

URL?
SMF Version?
Mods installed?
Theme(s) installed?

can you load phpinfo, like I suggested in my previous post? :D
Слaва
Украинi

Chrissy09

:-)

url   -   http://www.pixelsandartdesign.com/forum/index.php [nofollow]
smf version is 2.10
mods installed   -  floating bar mod
theme is Minimalstic smf2

not sure about the phpinfo loading.

I am happy for you to log in as me too have a look around if you like, it may give you a better idea of where the problem lies, I can fix problems but finding them to fix is a nightmare lol

Chrissy09

Still struggling with this problem, I have researched every possible area to find a solution so would be so grateful for any suggestions on how this could possibly fixed.

zurgenaboy

Could get into your phpinfo and copied this:

mysql.connect_timeout   60   60

Maybe you should be talking to your provider??

ps I am no expert.......but should you be publishing this info?

Steve

Just as an FYI Chrissy, it's the weekend so support is slower than normal as the support staff are all volunteers. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Chrissy09

Thanks Steve :-)

Zurganboy I am not sure either but just posted info that Kindred asked for

Sorry Kindred I forgot to say which pages appear to log you out, the home page is okay the page that appears to show you as logged out is all the category pages but if you click on the link at the top of the page where it tells you what page you are on you are logged back in. Certain pages in the admin panel actually will take you back to the log in page where I do have to actually log back in manually.

Kindred

Sorry I have not responded... I am actually traveling right now, so I don't have access to my main system to help you debug...   I'll be back on Tuesday evening, though and can take a look then, if no one else has been able to help you before then.
Слaва
Украинi

Chrissy09

;) no worries Kindred

thank you

Chrissy09

Does smf have contact telephone number anywhere so I could call someone for help.

Illori

we do not provide phone support.

Chrissy09

So is there anywhere else I could possibly find a solution.

Drunken Clam

Quote from: Chrissy09 on October 19, 2015, 06:02:15 AM
So is there anywhere else I could possibly find a solution.
You are in the best place possible to find a solution, but please bear in mind, everyone here are volunteers doing support in their own time, but sometimes real life gets in the way. Please be patient, I'm sure someone will be along with a solution for you soon.  ;)

Advertisement: