News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

vB to SMF conversion method question.

Started by aegersz, October 06, 2015, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

if i only have a backup of a vB database, is that enough to start the conversion or does one need access to the vB system that it hangs off ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

margarett

No, but the converter will fail in all attachments/avatars/etc stuff. Not a big issue per se, just a fact ;)

For the converter to work you need to import the database to phpmyadmin (if not there already) and create a dummy admin/config.php file which defines $config['Database']['dbname'] and $config['Database']['tableprefix']
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aegersz

no, not yet there and may never be there but i am still making all preparations; i have built another live system that's waiting.

thanks you but i feel i may have some more questions later.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: