News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to fetch info from my forum.

Started by Wenherb, October 22, 2005, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wenherb

have overwrite all my 1.0.2 to 1.0.5 now. I used the install version which i now noticed its wrong. I backup it in myphpadmin and now i do not see any change in my forum.  :(

xenovanis

Can you post a link to your forum?

In your phpmyadmin, you restored the database. So you can see all the posts and members and topics that were there before things went wrong, right?

Now, what I want you to do is download the installationpackage for 1.0.2:
http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php/smf_1-0-2_install.zip

unzip it to your harddrive and upload all files to your server, overwriting the existing files. Then run install.php. If the installer asks for your database info (like the databasename, user, password, prefix) enter the info that will lead to your old database. If you do that, it will connect to your 'old' database which contains all info, in stead of using a new database.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Wenherb

Ok i'll try and get back to you asap. For the meantime, i go for my dinner first, have been doing it for the past 2-3 hours, even forgotten to eat dinner   :'(

xenovanis

No problem, just report back here. I need to get offline to do some stuff as well.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Wenherb

I installed 1.0.2 and backup already. It doesn't work still.  :'(

The steps i did
1) Forum is working properly.
2) MyPhpAdmin i backup, and doesn't know if it is the correct way to do so.
3) I backup it here, is it correct

and after i upload it, it says i have successfully back it up.

xenovanis

Are you sure SMF is connecting to the database you restored (the one that contains your data) and it didn't create a new database?

Wenherb

I need to create a new database for the backup?

Quote from: xenovanis on October 22, 2005, 11:17:51 AM
Are you sure SMF is connecting to the database you restored (the one that contains your data) and it didn't create a new database?

xenovanis

No, you should be able to restore your database in the existing one. You know what, send me your backup (the one you made before things got wrong), ftp-info, mysql details, a link to your forum, a link to your cPanel and I will take a look at.

xenovanis

Advertisement: