How to (un)install mods if the SMF directory is further down the root web dir. ?

Started by aegersz, October 12, 2015, 02:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

You can schedule a daily dump of your database (which is actually a great idea!) but you don't need to automatically overwrite your test system with that dump. Just keep it stored ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

aegersz

thanks but i schedule an hourly db dump - my guys are always using it.

occasionally, I download it to my intranet dev. sysyem.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Steve

Quote from: aegersz on October 12, 2015, 11:05:58 AMi will mark this as solved.

If your situation has been resolved, could you go ahead and do that please? :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

aegersz

it isn't.

my current problem is that in the following section: Paths & URLs For Themes

i have to point back to my original paths BUT i want the new paths. I get this error on the screen:

Unable to load the 'global_hf_above' template.

what is that telling me, please ?

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

I keep telling you that you are doing This all wrong.  Trying to keep a duplicate of your forum in real time is a waste of effort and is doomed to failure, given that you have to readjust the paths and URLs EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a copy made.

The error means that one of your mods is screwed up.

Basically...  Stop doing what you are trying to do and just take a backup instead of trying to run a second copy of your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

i know but i hate not fixing this.

i can't expect you to figure out what mod but i am doing all this to manually fit a mod in but i think i should just take your advice.

i don't need the new system BUT i will get to the bottom of this one day - and learn about SMF in the process.

thanks anyway.

aegersz

i updated my Themes, attachments and avatars  from the live system and everything works providing that i run repair_settings.php.

everything is now working as i expect.

mod overload is also a problem of my own doing.

Advertisement: