News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

wowbb to smf

Started by SamRudd, October 14, 2015, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamRudd

Hi All,

I've been trying to convert wowbb 1.7 to the latest SMF but im stuck and keep getting errors can anyone help?

Illori

what errors are you getting?

SamRudd

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/modelrail/config.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/modelrail/config.php on line 23

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_COOKIE_VARS in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/modelrail/config.php on line 30
Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE'

margarett

The "notices" I have no idea what they are but I assume it's something missing from your original config file because wowbb isn't being called as supposed. You can probably ignore these.

The last error is caused by recent MySQL versions (and the converters age...). Open convert.php, find and comment or remove this:
// Attempt to allow big selects, only for mysql so far though.
if ($smcFunc['db_title'] == 'MySQL')
{
$results = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "SELECT @@SQL_BIG_SELECTS, @@SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE", 'security_override');
list($big_selects, $sql_max_join) = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($results);

// Only waste a query if its worth it.
if (empty($big_selects) || ($big_selects != 1 && $big_selects != '1'))
$smcFunc['db_query']('', "SET @@SQL_BIG_SELECTS = 1", 'security_override');

// Lets set MAX_JOIN_SIZE to something we should
if (empty($sql_max_join) || ($sql_max_join == '18446744073709551615' && $sql_max_join == '18446744073709551615'))
$smcFunc['db_query']('', "SET @@SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE = 18446744073709551615", 'security_override');
}
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SamRudd

just to clarify the convert.php has to be in the simple machine directory? and does both databases need to same username and password for both smf and wowbb?

margarett

Yes, the converter needs to be in the same folder as SMF (where SSI.php is)
About the database: it's not mandatory that both databases use the same user/pass. The user associated to SMF's database needs to have access to your wowbb's database. If it's the same user in both, then that's easier, sure ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SamRudd

and just one more thing, does both of the databases need to be on the same server?

margarett

SamRudd

ok ive done all this and now all i get is:

Converting Membergroups... Successful.
Converting group access... Successful.
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (last_login)

what is the issue?

SamRudd

after clicking the dump error log file and trying again i get this

Converting Membergroups... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `devdevon_ohmpc`.oxmg_membergroups
ADD COLUMN temp_id varchar(32),
ADD INDEX temp_id (temp_id(32));
Caused the error:
Duplicate column name 'temp_id'

SamRudd

i also have these at the top still

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_COOKIE_VARS in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/modelrail/config.php on line 30

margarett

Please don't do several things at once, it will just make things worse.

So...
QuoteConverting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (last_login)
This is caused by a wrong type in the converter. Open your .sql file, and find:
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.user_joined) AS date_registered, '' AS last_login,
Replace with:
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.user_joined) AS date_registered, 0 AS last_login,

It is likely that other similar problems arise, it has been quite some time since the converter was written and the database requirements for default field types changed a lot...

margarett

Quote from: SamRudd on October 19, 2015, 07:37:00 PM
after clicking the dump error log file and trying again i get this

Converting Membergroups... Unsuccessful!
(...)
Duplicate column name 'temp_id'
This happened because the converter already created a temporary column which wasn't removed (because it failed to complete correctly). When you run it again, it tries to create the column again and it tells you it's a duplicate. So you need to either:
a) go to phpmyadmin, table oxmg_membergroups and delete the column "temp_id" before you restart the converter
or
b) edit the .sql file and remove this
ALTER TABLE {$to_prefix}membergroups
ADD COLUMN temp_id varchar(32),
ADD INDEX temp_id (temp_id(32));

About the notice, I think that it's safe for you to ignore it.

SamRudd

thank you i did this and now i get

Converting Membergroups... Successful.
Converting group access... Successful.
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (last_login)

SamRudd

Quote from: margarett on October 19, 2015, 07:57:58 PM
Please don't do several things at once, it will just make things worse.

So...
QuoteConverting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (last_login)
This is caused by a wrong type in the converter. Open your .sql file, and find:
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.user_joined) AS date_registered, '' AS last_login,
Replace with:
UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.user_joined) AS date_registered, 0 AS last_login,

It is likely that other similar problems arise, it has been quite some time since the converter was written and the database requirements for default field types changed a lot...

i tried looking for UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.user_joined) AS date_registered, " AS last_login,

but it isnt in the sql file.

margarett

Which converter are you using? Can you attach it?

SamRudd

im using this one, is the wowbb 1.7 to smf converter.

margarett

That code does exist in that file. Here
CASE u.user_group_id
WHEN '1' THEN '1'
WHEN '2' THEN '0'
WHEN '3' THEN '0'
WHEN '4' THEN '0'
WHEN '5' THEN '2'
WHEN '6' THEN '1'
ELSE m.id_group
END AS id_group,
-------->>>>>>>>>>>>>> UNIX_TIMESTAMP(u.user_joined) AS date_registered, '' AS last_login,        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-------------------------
u.user_avatar AS avatar, IF(u.user_invisible = '1', 0, 1) AS show_online,
IF(u.user_view_email = '1', 0, 1) AS hide_email, u.user_posts AS posts, 0 AS gender,
u.user_birthday AS birthdate, IF (u.user_activation_key != '', 0, 1) AS is_activated,
u.user_activation_key AS validation_code,
SUBSTRING(u.user_signature, 1, 65534) AS signature
FROM {$from_prefix}users AS u
LEFT JOIN {$to_prefix}membergroups AS m ON (u.user_group_id = m.temp_id);

SamRudd

everything seems to be importing now, fingers crossed. thanks for all your help and support so far.

SamRudd

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 958

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 961

Notice: Undefined index: convert_script in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 973
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 2480

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 2481

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 1372

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /var/sites/d/dev.devonwebs.uk/public_html/smfmrg/convert.php on line 1372

Advertisement: