News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A Strange Error...

Started by ClemmyP, October 05, 2005, 09:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClemmyP

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in
Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in
Notice: Undefined index: permissions in
Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in
session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by

Above are the messages I have just started getting recently... They appeared at random and for no apparent reason as I was not doing work on the website when they started.

I have took out the file references, but there were several in there. What is wrong?

Oldiesmann

Do you have any mods installed? It helps if you have the line numbers and file stuff in there (the filename and line number are enough - you don't need to put the entire path)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ClemmyP

Subs.php on line 232
Security.php on line 556
Security.php on line 563
Security.php on line 563
Subs.php:232

respectively, and no, no mods installed

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ClemmyP

Ok... I followed the two links and replaced the '= &mysql_query' with '= mysql_query.'

Now however, I am getting the following error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in .... Sources/Subs.php on line 1596

I know from my programming background that this is probably a simple error, most likely just a syntax error, however I have little to no background in php, so I don't know what the problem's solution is, moreover, I don't know what happened seeing as I have never edited any of this code (until the most recent edit that was explained in your link).

ClemmyP

Nevermind... I appreciate anyone who was helping me or investigating what might be going on. I have found the problem though, or maybe not found, but I re-installed the files in the upgrade and the forums seem to be working now.

Thank you guys again.

Advertisement: