News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Excoboard

Started by CarolineBFRO, December 07, 2015, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolineBFRO

If the new owners of Excoboard have fallen off the face of the earth, is there a way to back-up and import our many boards to SMF without Excoboard's assistance?  I'm assuming they would have to provide us with our back-up in order to import correct?  I have saved the boards as webpages, is that my only option to attempt and save many years of important info and data before Excoboard disappears? Can we host SMF software on our existing server at GoDaddy? Our I.T. person is not available and won't be for a while, I am a secretary trying to help.

Illori

do you have access to do a database backup? if so then it is possible a converter can be made. if you dont then it will be many times more complicate if possible at all.

Wellwisher

Excoboard have support forums, check with them if it's possible they can give you a back-up (database) of your forum. Also check what kind of forum software they're using. It doesn't look like SMF. As long as you have a working database and know the forum software, you can have a converter made for it and get a hosting package with godaddy to install SMF on.

Advertisement: