Welcome email ....

Started by keyboard, November 01, 2015, 07:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboard

Hi

In the Registration Settings, I have the registration set to "admin approval" and the "Send welcome email to new members" unchecked.........

So if I check the "Send welcome email to new members" and the user registers, even though I have to approve them, will they receive the welcome email ?

Or do they only receive the welcome email ( if I check that option ) after I approve them.

As always,  I do appreciate the help
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

br360

If you have that checked, they will get two emails. The first email when they register that says something like "Your registration request at <your forum name> has been received, <their username>.

The username you registered with was <their username>. If you forget your password, you can change it at <reminder link to your site>

Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address.

Regards,
<your forum name>

The second email they receive (after you manually approve them) is this-

Welcome, <their username>!

Your account has been activated manually by the admin and you can now login and post. Your username is: <their username>. If you forget your password, you can change it at <reminder link>

Regards,
The <your forum name> Team.

aegersz

I'd be interested if this works for you so please report back -- my system doesn't send welcome emails beyond those at regustratiom, like the activation one only.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Bigguy

Was your question answered Keyboard. ???

Advertisement: