Re: getting error 403 Forbidden

Started by irishcoffee, November 10, 2015, 08:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishcoffee

Hi

Changed .htaccess following the link provided above (http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Mod_security_-_Having_problems_with_mod_security) i.e. inserted on the top of each page the code:
-------------------------
<IfModule mod_security.c>
   # Turn off mod_security filtering.
   SecFilterEngine Off

# The next part below probably is not needed, but better safe than sorry.
   SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
---------------------

but still receive the same error:

"403
Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!"

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Ps: upgraded to 2.0.11 version and checked CHMOD for all folders (0744) and files (0644). With previous SMF and the same host did not had this error at all.  :-\

margarett

Most likely your host doesn't allow you to disable mod_security through htaccess. You need to contact them.

BTW: Split your post from the other (old and solved) topic ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

irishcoffee

Thanks Margarett!
I'll check this with my host.  ???

margarett

Quote from: irishcoffee on November 10, 2015, 09:54:45 AM
Quote from: margarett on November 10, 2015, 09:47:49 AM
What are you doing when receiving error 403? Are you editing categories? If not, this patch is not for you ;)
As I told you in your other post, you probably need to contact your host.

When Accessing: "Admin"-> "Members"->"View all members" and then when I want to use any of the selectors to sort Members by "Usernam", "Siplay Name", "Email Adress", "Ip Address", "Last Online", "Posts" I receive the 403 error which as mentioned did not occur in previous version of the SMF using the same host.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll check with my host once again.

Ps: To avoid double posting please delete my other message. TX!
Actually we should move the discussion here so that we don't abuse the sticky topic ;)

That patch only deals with the issue of editing categories, not any other operation so it won't help you in that case...
I think it's the first time I see mod_security messing with sorting lists :o

Out of curiosity, which was the previous version you were using (when the problem didn't occur)? And who is your host?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Shambles

Doesn't 0744 on folders deny execute access to all but the owner?

Kindred

yes....

directories should be 755
FILES should be 644
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Yeah but there are no folders involved in that operation (which wouldn't occur in any other operation inside SMF) so I'm not sure that would be the case.
And I'm not sure if execute permission is needed at all, PHP files aren't executed.

Kindred

as I said... files should be 644
744 might actually cause a serer error, depending on the host settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: