News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1

Started by Jeremy M., November 06, 2015, 10:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy M.

So, am i to assume that 2.1 is still in BETA, or is it released fully? I thought about deleting my entire forum, since there's nothing on there anyway and going to 2.1. Or should I stay on 2.x for now and do the upgrade later?

Kindred

2.1 is still in beta and is not recommended for a live site
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on November 06, 2015, 11:24:20 PM
2.1 is still in beta and is not recommended for a live site

Any possible date for a full release?  If not, lemme ask this. Once 2.1 goes final and live, will previous versions of 2.0x be fully upgradable without losing mods, themes, etc?

Kindred

No date. It will be ready when it is ready.

And it will be upgradeable...   However, mods and themes for 2.0.x will not work on 2.1, just like mods and themes for 1.1,X did not work on 2.0.x... And mods will be removed by the large upgrade, as with any large upgrade.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jeremy M.

Quote from: Kindred on November 07, 2015, 12:38:12 AM
No date. It will be ready when it is ready.

And it will be upgradeable...   However, mods and themes for 2.0.x will not work on 2.1, just like mods and themes for 1.1,X did not work on 2.0.x... And mods will be removed by the large upgrade, as with any large upgrade.

As long as all the posts and topics remain, everything else can be put back in to place. I'll stick with 2.0.11 for now.

Advertisement: