trying to upgrade my test site to the neweat beta

Started by SamRudd, November 07, 2015, 06:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamRudd

all i get is this error

i have fully checked all permissions and theres nothing wrong with them

Updating Your SMF Install!
The MySQL user you have set in Settings.php does not have proper privileges.

Please ask your host to give this user the ALTER, CREATE, and DROP privileges.

Illori

same reply you already got still applies.

Quote from: 青山 素子 on November 06, 2015, 08:40:06 PM
  • It sounds like your database user doesn't have the right permissions. You should contact your hosting company for assistance.

SamRudd

Quote from: Illori on November 07, 2015, 06:07:56 PM
same reply you already got still applies.

Quote from: 青山 素子 on November 06, 2015, 08:40:06 PM
  • It sounds like your database user doesn't have the right permissions. You should contact your hosting company for assistance.

i have checked all permissions and the user has all the permissions to the database

Kindred

obviously, that is not actually the case -- otherwise you would not be seeing that error
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SamRudd

I can assure you that all the permissions are set

Kindred

then you had better check with your host -- since the error message clearly indicates that the database user you have told SMF to use does *NOT* have the access rights that it needs.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SamRudd

i have already checked with my host, and the forum is functioning properly...

margarett

At this point there is no further point in debating whether or not the user has access or not. It seems clear it hasn't, although you are sure it has.
If you're comfortable with the idea, please PM me a login/password to your cPanel (or other control panel you might be using)

Quote from: SamRudd on November 08, 2015, 09:27:04 AM
and the forum is functioning properly...
The upgrade is supposed to be ran on top of your "old" version, so you either have the "forum functioning properly" or the upgrade in place, until it's ran successfully and the "new" forum is functioning properly...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SamRudd

SamRudd

i simply uploaded the large upgrade package as a zip and extracted it

margarett

OK so...

The user does have permissions to the database (so the message is wrong) but your files were a mess :P
You had mixed 2.0/2.1 files so I removed everything except Settings/Settings_bak.php and "attachments" and uploaded a new, clean upgrade package (which I built from GH so you have the last code available).

You should now be able to proceed with th upgrade ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: