News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[MOD] 2 FA authentication with PGP

Started by trinx, June 12, 2015, 05:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trinx

Hey,

I like to have an extra layer security for SMF form and have 2 FA authentication with PGP. A user would be able to add there pgp on there profile and have an option to setup 2FA authentication with it, if they did when they go to login into the forum they will see a pgp message in which they have to decrypt and paste the secret "key" or phrase to log in. This way if some ones credentials are stolen the attacker wouldn't be able to login unless they have that persons private key to decrypt the message. I am very interested to see if this feasible and if it is I would like to hire a coder to create such a mod. If your interested for the job PM me or even better if you want to create this for the community for free I would still throw a donation your way. In addition this mod would not need JS to function so just php. What do you guys think?

trinx

oops sorry please move this to the "mod request" board.

Kindred

PGP? Why?

2.1 (currently in BETA, not for use on production sites) already has the standard 2FA built in.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

trinx

Quote from: Kindred on June 12, 2015, 05:53:08 PM
PGP? Why?

2.1 (currently in BETA, not for use on production sites) already has the standard 2FA built in.
Because PGP is easy to use in my opinion and really secure (well some PGP), so having it is an option would add really good security to a user.  I would use it if it was an option for 2FA.

cockmagic

hi, i will be willing to pay some one to develop such a mod, pm if your interested in doing so.

Advertisement: