News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Paid subscription not adding user to user group

Started by spasicle, November 17, 2015, 08:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spasicle

I'm running SMF 2.0.11 and have setup a paid subscription that should add a user to the appropriate user group after payment.  The user is able to select the subscription and fill-out the Paypal payment, but once Paypal returns them to the forum they are not added to the user group.  Paypal is taking the money, so that part is working.  The user and I receive an email about the payment from Paypal, but the user doesn't get an email from the forum.  There is no error in the logs.

This is what I've been able to discern:
1. The user is added to the subscription, but immediately set to "Finished" instead of "Active".
2. When I view the subscription, the user is not in the list.
3. I cannot manually add the user to the subscription, it says they're allowed subscribed.
4. I can extend the user's subscription from their profile and set it active, they'll then appear in the subscription list.
5. Attempting to repurchase the subscription after it expires does nothing. Auto-renew is disabled.

I'm kind of at a loss of what else to do, I'm not sure if there's some setting I've failed to tick or shouldn't have ticked.

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org ;)

Anything in your error log? That suggests that the time for the subscription might not be defined but I'm really not the best person to debug paid subscriptions :(
Looking at the code, it suggests that this is the case.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

spasicle

The only thing in the error log is from when I tried adding them to the subscription manually. It said they were already subscribed.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

spasicle

Set it to 1 month, then I tried 30 days, the problem persisted.

Sir Osis of Liver

You have to delete the subscription, add it as new sub, then try again.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

spasicle

Sir Osis of Liver

Upload the attached Subscriptions-PayPal.php to your /Sources directory.  It contains some additional error handling that's not in the official version.  Do another subscription, check your error log.

- R. Waters

spasicle

I uploaded the new file to sources folder, overwriting the one already there. I deleted the subscription and recreated, error still persisted. There was no error in the error logs.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you can you pm temporary admin access, I'll have a look.

- R. Waters

spasicle

I believe I sent you a PM, but my sent items are empty.

Sir Osis of Liver

>:(  I've seen this once before, wasn't able to replicate the problem on a test install.  Payment is successful, IPN is received and processed, and a broken subscription is created.  Upload the attached subscriptions.php to your forum root (save the original), it will dump IPN post data into error log so I can have a look at it.  Don't believe that's the problem, but need to confirm it's ok.  Going off now, be back tomorrow night.  If you're not in a hurry, leave everything as is on your forum.

- R. Waters

spasicle

I uploaded it, thank you for your help. I'm not in a hurry.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just took a quick look - subscriptions.php is not dumping IPN.  Can you give me FTP access?  Will be on for a while later tonight.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Subscriptions are failing because subscriptions.php is not processing the IPNs.  The good news is, I know why it's not working. :)  Bad news is, I have no idea why your forum works at all, it really shouldn't. :( 

You have renamed index.php to mentoring.php, and added a different index.php in the forum root that loads your website front page.  The link to your forum is www.domain.com/mentoring.php/index.phpmentoring.php is not a subdirectory, it's SMF index.php.  All actions are appended to /mentoring.php/index.php - it's an invalid path.  PayPal posts the IPN to www.domain.com/subscriptions.php, which is where it is, but IPN is not processed because all the forum paths are wrong.  I have no clue why your forum even loads.

If you want to use your domain as a direct link to your website, put that in /public_html/ and reinstall the forum in /public_html/forum/.

- R. Waters

spasicle

I'm not using it as the main page of the website but as a part on the website that the index.html will link to. How should I fix it to do that?  Sorry, I'm not too sure what you're telling me to do.  I installed the forum through godaddy since it seemed a simple solution. I should remove it and install it under a different folder in the public_html directory?

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like you've already tried it, but it's borked.  Give me a few minutes and I'll set it up.

- R. Waters

spasicle

Oh wow, thank you. I'll stop messing around with the files then.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, you have a clean install, Paid Subs is working.  All you need is a link from your website to the forum.

- R. Waters

spasicle

Awesome! Thank you so much, you've really gone above and beyond in helping me. I'll be sure to make a hefty donation.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Advertisement: