News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrade to 2.1 stuck at "Updating Your SMF Install!"

Started by Mike Bobbitt, December 07, 2015, 03:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bobbitt

Ran the upgrade on a clone of my forum. The database upgrade went well, but I've been sitting at the next step (see attached screenshot) for hours. Doesn't seem to budge, and despite checking the box for debug output, there doesn't seem to be any for this stage.

Any ideas what I should be checking?

Thanks all, looking forward to giving 2.1 a test run. :)

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt

I should add that I have continued and restarted the upgrade a couple of times with no change.

Illori

are you using the version off github? did you fix your paths before you uploaded the new files?

looks like your file paths are wrong and you did not fix your paths.

Mike Bobbitt

Hi Illori,

Thanks for the quick reply! I did use the github version... for the path, are you talking about the values in Settings.php? I did update those (and a few others such as the theme path setting in the database). However given that this is a clone of my production forums, it's possible I missed something. Is there a path I should be updating?

Thanks!
Mike

Illori

try running What is repair_settings.php? instead of messing around in the database to fix your paths. most of them should be fixed with that file even though it is not updated for SMF 2.1.

i bet many links are still not updated correctly.

Mike Bobbitt

Awesome, that's a great tool. I'm fixing some things up with it now and will re-try. Much appreciated.

Mike Bobbitt

Getting there (maybe). I fixed an issue with SSL, as some content was not loading so it "looks" better now but still seems to be hanging at this phase.

Is there a way to check progress here?

Kindred

yeah... I think there ay be some issues with the json procedure at the moment.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oldiesmann

It definitely works if you run it from the shell (php upgrade.php from your forum directory). I'm not sure why it's still sticking there. I'll look into it when I have time.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Mike Bobbitt

Hey Oldiesmann, long time no chat! :)

I didn't know you could run it CLI, I ran it and got the following:

Converting data from serialize() to json_encode().
+++ Fixing the "log_actions" table... done..
+++ Fixing the "log_online" table...
Failed to unserialize {"USER_AGENT":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/47.0.2526.73 Safari\/537.36"}... Skipping
done.
+++ Fixing the "log_packages" table... done.
Fixing some settings...
- Failed to unserialize the 'attachmentUploadDir' setting. Skipping.
- Failed to unserialize the 'cal_today_event' setting. Skipping.
- Failed to unserialize the 'displayFields' setting. Skipping. done.
Unserialize of admin_preferences for user 1 failed. Skipping.
Successful.
Upgrade Complete!
Please delete this file as soon as possible for security reasons.

Should I be worried?

Oldiesmann

Are you using the latest files from GitHub?

The first error is because that value is already JSON encoded.

I'd have to see the values for the other settings and for the admin_preferences to see what the issue is there.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Mike Bobbitt

I'm user 1 so I'm not too worried about that, but my admin_preferences field is:

a:2:{s:2:"sb";s:8:"internal";s:2:"pv";s:7:"classic";}

Oldiesmann

You can replace that with this:

{"sb":"internal","pv":"classic"}

I'd need to see the values for those other settings to determine what to replace those with.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Mike Bobbitt

Here are the current settings:

attachmentUploadDir = {"1":""}

cal_today_event = a:0:{}

displayFields = a:0:{}

I'm not too concerned about any of these myself, but if providing the data helps fix and issue on the upgrade that's cool too. Can/should I update the values for these in my production 2.0 board to prepare for the eventual upgrade?

Thanks Oldiesmann!

Oldiesmann

Not sure what's up with the attachment upload directory - that was already converted but there's no actual directory specified - just an array with an index of 1 and an empty string for that value.  That will break things, but you should be able to fix that from the admin center.

The other two are just empty arrays - you can replace those with [] (two brackets).

When did you download the files? It will help me figure out where to look in terms of fixing things.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Mike Bobbitt

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

margarett

See also https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/3184
I'm fighting with it :P

But Mike Bobbitt is now performing the upgrade through CLI, for which the issues we're now talking about don't apply ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Mike Bobbitt

I'm happy to re-test the upgrade process to confirm fixes etc. if that would help.

Advertisement: