News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF was unable to connect to the database

Started by +Nachi+, December 08, 2015, 09:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

+Nachi+

I was messing a bit to much with my smf so I decided to restore everything from back up but got the problem called:
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Searching other similar topics I trued using test.php suggested in this topic. I received same type of warning as one user below the linked post did.
I used repair_setting.php and to my knowledge the settings are correct, so I ran out of ideas.
Any other advice you may have?

Kindred

if you are getting that message, then your settings are not correct.

When you say you restored a backup -- did you restore the FILES or the DATABASE?

if you restored a backed up database, then your settings.php is obviously still incorrect.
repair_settings.php should assist you in the database configuration -- or your can edit Settings.php directly

your problem is that the database is not connecting...  which means that either the location is incorrect, the username is incorrect or the password is incorrect (or all of them)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

+Nachi+

Ok, so after restoring the files as well I realized table prefix was actually wrong.
Works as it should now-

Advertisement: