News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions Bug?

Started by Looking, December 14, 2015, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking

SMF 2.0.11 - I will like to believe I'm doing something wrong but a number of tests show:

1. In sandbox mode it shows payment made in Paypal but does not update the group in SMF
2. If you have recurring subscriptions checked then Paypal cannot read the payment in sandbox mode and shows a red screen with red writing that they are experiencing problems.

Even when doing a live test the same occurs. Payment made properly but no update on SMF's end for the group.

Kindred

Did you check the post 2 below yours?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=541821.0

Paypal apparently changed something without telling anyone.
(this is why we HATE having third party integrations in the core product)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Looking

Thank you much Kindred, I did not see that other thread.

I applied the change and in sandbox it fixes point 1. but not point 2.

Also, for point 1. it only sets it to "payment pending" rather than change the group so in a way point 1 is not solved yet.

Sir Osis of Liver

The hex code bug does not affect subscription activation, it works normally but returns subscriber to board index instead of subscription confirmation page.  Sandbox does not always duplicate live subscription.  Set up a test sub for $0.10/1 day, and see if you still have the problem.

Edit:  Sandbox payment works for me in 2.0.11 with recurring payment enabled.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Looking

Tried it live and the subscription was added, I got an Email about the payment but SMF shows nothing about it under Admin. Group does not change.

Sir Osis of Liver

Not clear on what you're getting. 

'Subscription was added' - do you mean to PayPal account?
  'Email about the payment ' - from PayPal?
  'Group does not change' - is admin seeing a pending payment, or nothing at all?  Anything in error log?  Does subscription work with recurring disabled?

- R. Waters

Looking

Let me answer by asking this question if you don't mind, just to make sure I understand the system: When someone subscribes is it coded so that the group changes automatically or is it that Admin has to manually login and change the date? If so, why does the end date start at 2005 rather than the number of days indicated?

Kindred

I believe that the 2005 end date indicates a failure of your system to receive the correct information from PayPal

Which -- since we can confirm that it works properly for us -- suggests some difference in configuration on your side
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Looking

What is usually the general failure? I did the code edit. Everything in configuration is straightforward, what might I be missing?

Sir Osis of Liver

2005 is default setting for unactivated subscription.  Are you logging an error?  If you can pm admin access, will take a look tonight.  Replace any files you edited with clean originals.

- R. Waters

Looking

Question: When someone pays for the first time are they supposed to automatically have their membership change or does Admin have to go to Admin and activate it?

Kindred

as on this site -- the system automatically updates their membergroup based on the returned confirmation of the subscription payment
Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on December 15, 2015, 02:05:48 PM
Not clear on what you're getting. 

'Subscription was added' - do you mean to PayPal account?
  'Email about the payment ' - from PayPal?
  'Group does not change' - is admin seeing a pending payment, or nothing at all?  Anything in error log?  Does subscription work with recurring disabled?

- R. Waters

Looking

I am not getting any errors.

In test mode the subscriber sees this after subscribing:

"Thank you for your payment. Once the transaction has been verified the subscription will be activated."

Admin gets no Email notification. I have to go in Admin and change the 2005 date and save.

Sir Osis of Liver

Your forum is either not receiving PayPal IPN, or isn't processing it.  Some mods and a few hosts block the IPNs, but that doesn't happen often.  There are several glitches that will cause subscription activation to fail without error.  Upload the attached files (save your originals) and try another subscription.  subscriptions.php is modified to dump the IPN post data into error log if it's received.  Subscriptions-PayPal.php contains additional error handling that's not in the official version.

- R. Waters

Looking

Thank you for your continued time.

Uploaded your files and by Email I got:

QuoteThe following error occurred when processing a paid subscription
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

No errors in the logs. I had to do this with the checkbox unchecked for reoccurring subscriptions as Paypal will not process.

After payment and returning to the site I get payment pending.

Also, i noticed that if I delete a user from a subscription I still get the subscription payments. Is that how it is until they do it via their Paypal?

Kindred

yes -- the USER must remove the recurring charge from their own paypal settings
Слaва
Украинi

Looking

Thanks, I will have to code in something for that to be explicit or it can cause problems with refunds / denials.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Looking on December 18, 2015, 01:52:47 PM
QuoteThe following error occurred when processing a paid subscription
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

No errors in the logs.

That's odd, it should have logged the error and not sent the email.

I had to do this with the checkbox unchecked for reoccurring subscriptions as Paypal will not process.

Are you using a personal PayPal account?   Recurring payments are only allowed in business or premium accounts.

Contact PayPal merchant support ([email protected]), ask them if IPNs posted to the forum from your account are being blocked.

- R. Waters

Looking

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was waiting on Paypal. Their response is there is no block and the IPN was sent out successfully with a 200 response code from the server.

Yes, I have a premier account although with their new interface I do not see it explicitly stated. Maybe I need business?

I am going to set this up on another site to see if I get a different response.

Advertisement: