Converting IkonForum to SMF 2.0

Started by MadamCaptain, December 19, 2015, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadamCaptain

The inevitable finally happened.  My webhost updated the MySQL databases beyond the capability of my IkonForum to use them...at least that's what I think happened.  My research found a couple of examples where the SMF IkonBoard converter was used successfully with IkonForum so I've installed SMF version 2.0 and attempted to use the IkonBoard converter.  It ran for a couple of seconds and I got the following error message:

Step 1
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (last_login)

I don't really care if the member list is converted as it's a free information board and re-registration is not the end of the world.  I have some older backed up databases on my hard drive.  Anyone know how I can import some of the data/posts into SMF 2?  Or a fix for the converter?

margarett

Hello

That's a common problem in converters. The origin format isn't what the converter expects so it fails. You can fix that by replacing
LAST_ACTIVITY AS last_login,
With
0 AS last_login,
(thus losing the member's last login time/date)

But unfortunately I think that you'll find more issues like this :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MadamCaptain

Thanks!  I'll look into this and see if I can figure out how to change the code.

margarett

Just edit the .sql file with a text editor ;)
Notepad++ is a great choice
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: